Europe Aflame 1.8h - Operation Barbarossa

Kraut

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
As there was a looong discussion in the EA forum whether it is to easy for the axis to overwhelm the soviets I decided to start this small running AAR that gets updated every turn to keep you updated how my red army is doing against Mantis evil germans :)

Prelude: the situation so far: Mantis has captured all of europe except Belgium, the netherlands and switzerland who are still neutral, he has Gibraltar, Spain, Malta, Norway and all of North Africa except Etiophia which is still under british control.

Mantis started Barbarossa as soon as the Winter 1940/41 shock ended and came strong from three sides, an infantry attack from Petsamo aimed at Murmansk, his main trust from Poland and the Balkan into Russia and a surprisingly strong attack from Iraq into Persia (no less than 13 german Infantry corps, 3 PzCorps and the Italian Army)

Mantis managed to get at least 10 combat rounds (I stopped counting ;) ) and managed to retreat my first line at Murmansk in the very north, AGN and AGC advanced unhindered through east poland because I decided to defend further back, AGS slammed into my defences behind the Dnestr River and ripped my front wide open, the fortresses defending Uman were destroyed, my fortified Infantry retreated and the BDR troops run for there lives.

In Persia the germans came through the mountains to attack my forces south of Lake Urmia, trying to cut of my infantry positioned further to the south along the railroad. luckily I expected this move and had some mechanized forces nearby to plug the holes but I don't think that I can hold my line against 3 german PzCorps very long.

I can't tell to much about my future planes because the enemy might listen but here are some screenshots from the front.

Kraut

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Murmansk

Here we see the reason for Mantis huge combat round count, he seems to use excessive soak off attacks with broken down small infantry units to wear my defenders down before the german infantry moves in. Notice the three broken down finnish units ? The attacked soviet infantry corps repulsed approx 10 attacks before the germans were finally able to push them aside yet the soviets lost only 200 LRS and all germans are still in good supply.
Well, another mystery solved :)

Last edited:

Kraut

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
AGS

Here a shot from the south, doesn't look to good here, the germans ripped a huge hole into my line and the defenders south of this breakthrough and in danger of beeing encircled.

Kraut

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Persia

the strong german trust through the mountains!
(I had to snip the northern part so that I don't reveal to much of my strenght there)