Europa Report

Nexus6

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Could have sworn there was already a thread for this movie, but I guess not. Anyway, just saw it and enjoyed it quite a lot. It's nice to see an intelligent and plausible science fiction film where the ship is not the size of a city block and doesn't use technology indistinguishable from magic, where people are not constantly pointing guns at each other, a film that doesn't have an over-reliance on CGI, where the casting doesn't look like it was supervised by a corporate diversity officer, and where there were no young adult icons like JLaw anywhere to be seen! :laugh:

Anyway, I thought the film was very good bordering on great. Also loved the two Eastern European actresses. I definitely need to watch this one again, better yet see if I can find the original novel.

Last edited:

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Could have sworn there was already a thread for this movie, but I guess not. Anyway, just saw it and enjoyed it quite a lot. It's nice to see an intelligent and plausible science fiction film where the ship is not the size of a city block and doesn't use technology indistinguishable from magic, where people are not constantly pointing guns at each other, a film that doesn't have an over-reliance on CGI, where the casting doesn't look like it was supervised by a corporate diversity officer, and where there were no young adult icons like JLaw anywhere to be seen! :laugh:
I already love it! :D

Gonna check it out ASAP!