Europa 1947 (TOAW III mod v2)

Noxious

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Thanks for the work "TOAW retrofit dude" !
Incidentally, any good AARs on this scenario (edit : found 'em) , or strategy/tactics tips or opinions ?
Starting the game as the Allies (the souped up De Gaulle force got me going, as I'm reading his memoirs... Btw, France didn't fall in '40, was victim of a far right-wing military coup d'etat ;)) and I'm wondering what to do, or rather, where to start, hehe.
Been playing a fair bit of TOAW lately, but much smaller scens, so I'm dallying, and wondering where (and if) I should commit to an invasion right away, etc.
Thanks in advance for any thoughts on the subject !
Cheers !!

Last edited:

shunwick

Reaction score
Country
ll
I'm playing ver3.1 on Allied side.

Hex130,49(St.Petersburg SW) is set to Dense urban and maybe Allied ownership.
Axis unit moving, when St.Petersburg becomes empty, it falls.

As for this being correct?

View attachment 22563
Silvanski,

It took me a while to work out what was going on but the cause for this is an urban location in the sea adjacent to St. Pertersburg. The problem is caused in the map creation stage (a mod to the coastline) where the designer has overlaid a sea hex on top of a coastal urban hex. The urban hex is not replaced by the sea hex it just becomes an underwater city!

The result is some strange goings on with coastal loactions changing possesion as soon as defending units move out of the area. There are a number of maps that exhibit this problem and they can all be fixed by removing the underwater cities.

You may have already modified this but since you are currently working on a new mod for Europa 1947 I thought I would mention it.

Best wishes,
Steve

Bill II

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Silvanski,

It took me a while to work out what was going on but the cause for this is an urban location in the sea adjacent to St. Pertersburg. The problem is caused in the map creation stage (a mod to the coastline) where the designer has overlaid a sea hex on top of a coastal urban hex. The urban hex is not replaced by the sea hex it just becomes an underwater city!

The result is some strange goings on with coastal loactions changing possesion as soon as defending units move out of the area. There are a number of maps that exhibit this problem and they can all be fixed by removing the underwater cities.

You may have already modified this but since you are currently working on a new mod for Europa 1947 I thought I would mention it.

Best wishes,
Steve
I'll bet that some designer will come up with a reason to intentionally include this "Atlantis effect" in a scenario.

desert

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'll bet that some designer will come up with a reason to intentionally include this "Atlantis effect" in a scenario.
A war between R'lyeh and the cities of the Elder Things, perhaps?

Silvanski

TOAW Redux Dude
Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
It took me a while to work out what was going on but the cause for this is an urban location in the sea adjacent to St. Pertersburg.
Thanks for spotting and posting this.
It may be a leftover from Piero's original. I'll check it.

shunwick

Reaction score
Country
ll
Bill II,

That wouldn't surprise me. The problem with designers making a feature of a bug is that Ralph may at some future date fix the bug.

Best wishes,
Steve

sPzAbt653

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
9.1.6 local patrols and Guerrilla effects:

A location adjacent to a Dense Urban location becomes owned by the Force owning that urban location.

So designers can force a player to garrison coastal areas. Not really a bug, unless the designer didn't intend it to be that way. I find this feature to be very aggravating when the player is not aware of it. In the editor it is easily seen, but in the game the 'urban' description will not appear in the deep water hexes, making it a mystery as to why some hexes convert ownership on their own. :mad:

Silvanski

TOAW Redux Dude
Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
A beta version of the 25km hex, weekly turn version of Europa 1947 is available on my TOAW Redux page

Silvanski

TOAW Redux Dude
Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
Re: Europa 1947 (TOAW III mod v5)

v5 of Europa 1947 is available, it's got the US T28 and the British Tortoise tanks:cool:

uprrslo

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

I can't find V5. I looked on your page and it shows v3.4 beta

Silvanski

TOAW Redux Dude
Reaction score
Country
llBelgium

I've taken down v5 ... the new version for TOAW 3.4 is currently being tested pbem.. Patience, it will come soon.

uprrslo

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

I did a search in Downloads and wasn't able to find anything. Google search turned up nothing either. V3.1 is all I can find. I think I got that one from your page?