Europa 1947 (TOAW III mod v2)

L`zard

Strangely Deranged!
Reaction score
Oh OK, I didn't get it duh
For now I put them in all HQ's except the Serbien formation which has several HQ's -it's in the top HQ- may have to change that OOB

I don't know but I may have to up he original SDE % a wee bit
I'd be interested in your notes on how this affects things, eh?

Silvanski

TOAW Redux Dude
Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
I also tinkered the Allied PO a bit... saw a lone British HQ trying to invade Corsica ouch!!

Silvanski

TOAW Redux Dude
Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
Hows the eev thing going with this?
I got some ideas on paper for using the eev for German surrender, Berlin Rome and Madrid need to be captured, plus a number of other cities... have to calculate various options

L`zard

Strangely Deranged!
Reaction score
I got some ideas on paper...
OMG, not Paper!!!!

I've got to go buy some more note-books, just because I needed to tear out the BS pages after rethinking my last thoughts, LOL!

What I"M going to do, is plug-in some of my 'old' HDD's, format same, and use them to keep notes on, !!!!!!

That way, if this silly puter dies, at least I've a 'chance' of recovering my 'direct' notes, eh?

Either that, or go and install a third HDD into the Wife's puter, and occasionally mail 'everything' as a .rar to her machine, LOL!

She already 'knows' to save often, and save well, eh? Not like she has anything in 'large files' anyhow, Mmhwahaha!

shunwick

Reaction score
Country
ll
Silvanski,

I am currently playing v2.2 and I am on turn 12 v Axis PO. In one of the earlier turns, 2 or 3 I think, a German FJ unit (5 FJ?) landed just outside Lisbon in the excluded zone. Of course, it didn't do anything and neither could my Portugese troops until the exclusion zone was lifted. It's odd though.

I didn't even know that you could parachute into an exclusion zone but you might like to take steps to prevent it from doing so in future versions.

Best Wishes,
Steve

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Silvanski,

I am currently playing v2.2 and I am on turn 12 v Axis PO. In one of the earlier turns, 2 or 3 I think, a German FJ unit (5 FJ?) landed just outside Lisbon in the excluded zone. Of course, it didn't do anything and neither could my Portugese troops until the exclusion zone was lifted. It's odd though.

I didn't even know that you could parachute into an exclusion zone but you might like to take steps to prevent it from doing so in future versions.

Best Wishes,
Steve
That really is odd. I, too, was under the impression one could not paracute into an exclution zone...

Silvanski

TOAW Redux Dude
Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
wow, that's indeed strange... I know that air units can end up in an air hex in an exclusion zone, dunno if it was when they reconstitute or being chased out of their original hex... but a para unit landing in an exclusion zone??? weird indeed

shunwick

Reaction score
Country
ll
Guys,

It does seem strange but the unit is 5th Panzer Army - 4th FJ. It is set to enter on turn 4 and the Axis PO uses it to complete a parachute landing adjacent to Lisbon. The Portugese (and Romanian) exclusion zone doesn't lift until turn 6.

In my copy I have altered the entry turn to move 6. I have never seen a unit parachute into an exclusion zone before so I have no idea if this is reproducable error or not. It is easily avoided though.

Actually, parachuting the unit near Lisbon, even when the exclusion zone is lifted is pretty stupid if the Allies are beating the hell out of everything Spanish. There is no Axis support for it. It parachutes in and it is destroyed.

Best Wishes,
Steve

Silvanski

TOAW Redux Dude
Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
I'll check out the para problem for v3.1 ... the defense of Spain has been beefed up

shunwick

Reaction score
Country
ll
Silvanski,

I have downloaded the latest 3.1 version and given it a quick look. I haven't started playing it yet but I am going to abandon my 2.2 game and begin again with 3.1. I like the changes so far as I have seen. :)

One comment:

The Gurkhas are attached to the Indian Army in the scenario. Nothing wrong with this since they can serve with either the British Army or the Indian Army. But the Gurkas are not Indian - they are Nepalese.

If there is a chance event that the Indian Army will withdraw (a reasonably unlikely event even in a hypothetical scenario) then the Gurkhas would not withdraw with it. They would just be attached to the British Army.

Best Wishes,
Steve

Silvanski

TOAW Redux Dude
Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
If there is a chance event that the Indian Army will withdraw (a reasonably unlikely event even in a hypothetical scenario) then the Gurkhas would not withdraw with it. They would just be attached to the British Army.
Good point Steve!
I'll add it to the list of fixes
I 'll have to give the Gurkha units the British counter then.

kaerigumo

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
I'm playing ver3.1 on Allied side.

Hex130,49(St.Petersburg SW) is set to Dense urban and maybe Allied ownership.
Axis unit moving, when St.Petersburg becomes empty, it falls.

As for this being correct?

View attachment 22563

shunwick

Reaction score
Country
ll
I can confirm this. There doesn't seem to be anything in the event list that would cause it. Strange.

Best Wishes,
Steve

shunwick

Reaction score
Country
ll
Silvanski,

I am currently playing the Axis v Allied PO. The Allied PO is not relocating the air units from their US Atlantic and Pacific bases. Consequently, they are performing very badly. I am not sure of the rules relating to the movement of air units between bases but they may need to be initially deployed on British air bases or on the North African shore.

Best Wishes,
Steve

Silvanski

TOAW Redux Dude
Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
You're right, the PO doesn't do a good job of relocating air units.
I have to do like you suggest and/or also enter them as reinforcements in British hexes