Eureka! Scenario Archive - owned scenarios

FlatPackFred

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
For a couple of years I have been mulling over how to make an index of the scenarios that I own; so that I can search for particular nationalities, boards, etc. Although I realised that Scenario Archive had this capability, the thought of entering each scenario into someone else's website database was quite unappealing - takes too long, poor search fidelity, will it be there in 5 years time, etc
Last week I was looking for downloadable scenario data that I could use to produce something myself without any success, so I thought I would take a look at how to enter scenarios into Scenario Archive. Eureka! All I had to do was select the products that I own on a very comprehensive alphabetical list. OK so some of the product naming is a bit odd, and you have to remember to click the Update Collection button at the bottom of the page ( see attached image - UX designer would probably suggest doing this differently), but the outcome was that in about 45 mins I had a comprehensive list of all of the scenarios that I own.
The search parameters are better than I expected and the results list contains hot links to the scenario data in Scenario Archive.
Frankly it's brilliant and if, for whatever reason Scenario Archive isn't here in five years time I didn't invest hours and hours of data entry.

Thank you Dave - so good I signed up as a "junior" Patreon for ASL Scenario Archive

Attachments

Last edited:

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Just updated my list. Own about 6000 scenarios.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Just updated my list. Own about 6000 scenarios.
That's quite impressive.

Made me check:
I've got (only 🤣) 3389 showing. But I have only added those which I own a physical copy of.

Still, since I have only played an estimated 550 scenarios since taking up ASL in the mid 90's, the reasonable thing is to stop buying ASL stuff NOW.

I love to be unreasonable at times... :love:

von Marwitz

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That's quite impressive.

Made me check:
I've got (only 🤣) 3389 showing. But I have only added those which I own a physical copy of.

Still, since I have only played an estimated 550 scenarios since taking up ASL in the mid 90's, the reasonable thing is to stop buying ASL stuff NOW.

I love to be unreasonable at times... :love:

von Marwitz
No!

I’am more discriminating in what ASL stuff I buy. BUT, I can’t imagine stopping.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I guess I need to update my list have not done so for several years but I know I have around 8000+ scenarios in hard copy