ESG where for art though?

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So I was at ASLOK earlier this week and happened to notice Mark and David playing ESG 121 Behemoths and Bullet Sponges. I haven't played this one but it is on my list so I stopped to watch for a bit. This led to a discussion on whether or not Glenn and company would ever put out another scenario pack. I am hoping they do. Of course I liked the fact that ESG always had a Deluxe scenario in each pack, enjoyed the scenarios and lack of overlays. Does anyone have any intell on whether or not they may be back or whether they may contribute a Deluxe scenario or two to the new MMP Deluxe ASL pack they are developing?

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Glennbo is active on FB but I don't know about any new scenario packs.

Blackcloud6

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ESG stopped doing scenario packs a few years ago. I doubt if they will start up again. ASL in the Detroit area was robust up to about three years ago then it died off. I used to host a group every Thursday night that had a good following, but that tailed off and i stopped hosting for many reasons. We tried a monthly ASL Day that rotated hosts but that didn't last. PJ Norton still host a small group on the west side of the metro-D area.

We get together now and then and have a few ASL game days and there is 3 "Musuemfests" a year in Eastpointe that PJ puts together. But the hard-core weekly ASL playing that went on for almost 15 or so years has gone away. I think everyone got burnt out.

Glenn told me that he just got tired of only doing play-testing of scenarios. I understand that as for years our group did mostly CH! play-testing and I got burned out doing so too.

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ESG stopped doing scenario packs a few years ago. I doubt if they will start up again. ASL in the Detroit area was robust up to about three years ago then it died off. I used to host a group every Thursday night that had a good following, but that tailed off and i stopped hosting for many reasons. We tried a monthly ASL Day that rotated hosts but that didn't last. PJ Norton still host a small group on the west side of the metro-D area.

We get together now and then and have a few ASL game days and there is 3 "Musuemfests" a year in Eastpointe that PJ puts together. But the hard-core weekly ASL playing that went on for almost 15 or so years has gone away. I think everyone got burnt out.

Glenn told me that he just got tired of only doing play-testing of scenarios. I understand that as for years our group did mostly CH! play-testing and I got burned out doing so too.
Thx for the update! Too bad to see it die off. Maybe Glenn will do a bit of scenario creation for the new Deluxe Pack MMP is working up. I really enjoyed his DASL creations

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
So I was at ASLOK earlier this week and happened to notice Mark and David playing ESG 121 Behemoths and Bullet Sponges. I haven't played this one but it is on my list so I stopped to watch for a bit. This led to a discussion on whether or not Glenn and company would ever put out another scenario pack. I am hoping they do.
I believe just recently Scott Holst said here somewhere that he was working on new scenarios for a loong time. However, I am not sure if this was meant in jest or not.

von Marwitz

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I believe Scott is Glenn's brother.
Ach, of course. I remembered that there was some Scott in the ESG team. And as it is Glenn's brother, of course it has to be Scott Houseman and not Scott Holst. Senior moment...

von Marwitz

Jeffrey D Myers

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
For you younger folks out there, remember that the first sign of middle age is when everyone you see looks like someone you know....

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
And Eric Safran I believe was the third member of ESG. I did hit up Glenn on Facebook this week and he unfortunately confirmed they have no intentions of creating more scenarios. I did suggest (well almost beg) that he may want to submit some Deluxe goodness to MMP for their new Deluxe Pack. Inshallah he will agree. He has done some classic DASL scenarios in the past for both ESG and CH.