ESG 28 "Dangerous Reliance"

commissar1969

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'll make it short and sweet . . .

SSR 3 reads: "Units from these two Russian setup groups may not move / advance on Turn 1."

Which two Russian setup groups are meant? There are no less than SIX different Russian groups that setup on board.

I checked the ESG errata page and didn't find anything. I also searched for "ESG 28" here on the forums and found nothing relevant.

HELP!!!

Thanks!

commissar1969

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks. How were you able to figure that out?

Also, when you say "first two groups," do you mean when you read the card horozontally or vertically?

Mongo5486

Reaction score
First name
Will
Country
llUnited States
My scenario card has (see SSR3) after the first two groups on the top horizontal bar. That would be "Set up in buildings, one MMC per hex, on board 32 south of hexrow G" and "Set up in buildings, one MMC per hex, two hexes or less from 41EE3" Lost as the Russians in this one and my opponent had given me the balance. Some food for thought.

commissar1969

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My scenario card has (see SSR3) after the first two groups on the top horizontal bar. That would be "Set up in buildings, one MMC per hex, on board 32 south of hexrow G" and "Set up in buildings, one MMC per hex, two hexes or less from 41EE3" Lost as the Russians in this one and my opponent had given me the balance. Some food for thought.
Hey man,

Thanks very much!

Yeah, I was looking at it thinking it was kind of hard on the Soviets, too. Question: did you remember to use Commissars?

Commissar1969

commissar1969

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Probably not. I suck at this game.
LOL! I think all of us can think of pre-Oct '42 scens in which we bone-headedly forgot to use the Soviets' most useful national capability. I know I've done that several times.

Those commies make a HUGE difference, as long as you're not getting really shi*ty rolls and killing off your own guys. :)