Escape from Chosin: Toktong Pass 1950

Radetzky

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Gents,

i really hope CH keeps producing modules like this one - excellent counters, an interesting map, solidly researched historical background and all this at a quite reasonable price. two thumbs up, highly recommended.

Cheers
Jan

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
my (minor) complaint:

no CG.......

It is a good product, but I fear I am not certain how many HASL map type modules I will buy without a CG. I know they are a pain to produce and playtest, but I love 'em, so most of this is just wishful thinking.:nuts:

Though you are right its an real nice product.

peace

Roger

Radetzky

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
It would've been simply too good with a full CG, so they decided to go along without it.

No, seriously, you're absolutely right. But maybe CH comes up with more Korean War stuff in the future and fix it? I'd like to see some T-34/85s, RCLs and of course the Royal Marines, too. Heck, they'd throw in a nice city map and give us some serious urban combat - e.g. the 1st Marines fighting in Seoul in September 1950!

Barryrk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
just received it from Gamers Armory today. Looks good. Sprayed the counters just now-after work. The only problem that I have is in the map folds-I can't stand that little flap on one side. Its the same with Hell's Bridgehead.The ziplock looks as if it could accomodate a slightly larger fofld for the maps. other than that I look forward to play.I also ordered Dien Bien Phu and Brecourt manor just to support the ASL economyand am looking forward

serpico

Reaction score
my (minor) complaint:

no CG.......

It is a good product, but I fear I am not certain how many HASL map type modules I will buy without a CG. I know they are a pain to produce and playtest, but I love 'em, so most of this is just wishful thinking.:nuts:

Though you are right its an real nice product.

peace

Roger
I think there's a brief mention of a CG in the rulebook though....but I couldn't find any further references to it...:OHNO:

maybe just a typo....:crosseye:

Jay White

my sh*t is so tight
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Yeah this one's a bit weird, because there are actually partial CG rules in there as well. In my opinion, if you don't put a CG in the pack, please don't tease us with some of the rules! Not only that, it felt a little like sloppy editing/proofing... like they decided to pull the CG out of the package at some point, but couldn't be bothered to clean up the rules.

I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but I agree with Roger. I think that, from now on, I'm going to hold off on buying HASL map products if they don't include a CG. It's not that I'll ever have a chance to play every CG, but seeing big gorgeous maps with only one scenario (at best) that uses the entire map frustrates me for some reason.

Last edited: