ESB and immobilization

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
An AFV will get to the hex it wants even if it fails a ESB roll

" A tracked vehicle may attempt once per MPh (at any point during its move) to exceed its land MP allotment at the risk of Immobilization."

It chooses to do so at the end of its MPh.

But, does this failure of ESB which causes the AFV to become immobile require an immob TC ?

There is not a specific answer in the rules..

Thank you

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
The ESB attempt can be rolled for at any point during the AFV's move, but must be made before it expends the additional MPs to be gained. An ESB DR is an attempt to exceed the vehicle's MPs. You can't exceed your MPs unless you have already gained them.

No Immobilized TC required as per D5.5:

D5.5 An immediate TC is required of the non-Shocked, non-Stunned Inherent crew of a vehicle [EXC: one in a Water Obstacle; 16.3] that becomes immobilized by any non-CC attack, or that is already bogged/immobilized and is hit by Direct Fire ordnance which fails to destroy, Stun, or Shock it but that would have destroyed or Shocked it with an Original TK or IFT DR of 5.​

Last edited:

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
An AFV will get to the hex it wants even if it fails a ESB roll

" A tracked vehicle may attempt once per MPh (at any point during its move) to exceed its land MP allotment at the risk of Immobilization."

It chooses to do so at the end of its MPh.
It has to take the ESB DR before it can use the MPs.

But, does this failure of ESB which causes the AFV to become immobile require an immob TC ?

There is not a specific answer in the rules..
D5.5: Immobilization Task Checks are taken when a non-CC attack results in immobilization, or if already bogged/immobilized the vehicle is hit by Direct Fire ordnance that would have destroyed or shocked it with an original TK or IFT DR of 5. Because there are no other rules requiring an Immobilization TC, the crew will not take an Immobilization TC if it bogs/immobilizes in any other way, including ESB but also due to bogging by terrain, immobilizing due to Bog Removal roll, Mechanical Reliability, immobilization due to CC result, attack by non-Direct-Fire on a bogged/immobile vehicle that would destroy/shock it on a 5 result, etc.

JR

Last edited:

gamesmeister

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
So just to clarify this - my tank has 14MP, and I want to use 15 during the turn. So at any point during the turn, I can make an ESB roll to get that extra MP, correct? I don't have to roll just before I spend it.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
So just to clarify this - my tank has 14MP, and I want to use 15 during the turn. So at any point during the turn, I can make an ESB roll to get that extra MP, correct? I don't have to roll just before I spend it.
Correct.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
If you need that extra MP, work out where the best place to be immobilized in and make the roll there.