eRulebook, Pocket Chapter H and errata update (for those not on FB)

Neal

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I asked about the progress on the Chapter H Pocketbook (but didn't ask anything about the eRB) and received this MMP reply on FB...

MY UNDERSTANDING IS that we're waiting for it, the pocket rulebook, and pocket charts to all be ready at the same time. The rulebook will have errata integrated into the text. Chapter H WILL NOT have the errata integrated into the text (a whole lotta reasons why at this time). They are all being looked at/proofed now.

WRT the eRulebook, the pocket versions and eRulebook are all going to be from the same source, so the eRulebook will be ready at the same time as the print (pocket print that is) versions.

We think its "real soon now". Its all in proofing/link-checking/etc.
Reading between the lines...

So it sounds like Chapter H pocketbook will just be a book version of what's available now (so no updated Italians that are coming, but might included updated French?)

A new version of the the Pocket RB will have errata included, as will the eRulebook, which they are both close.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Very exciting news!
As for chapter H, the errata is not massive and I don't really see what updated French notes would be.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Is it very different from CG1 ?

76mm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for this update from those of us not on FB!

Scott_Blanton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
New French chapter h would also have the new font and new counter art, I think.

76mm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Does anyone know if this e-version will be pdf, html, etc? I hope not pdf, because it does not scale well and pdf documents are very difficult to read (for me) on tablets, etc. With html and I guess other formats you can scale the text to make it easier to read on your particular device.

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
I think you mean PDFs don’t flow well, they scale great.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I asked about the progress on the Chapter H Pocketbook (but didn't ask anything about the eRB) and received this MMP reply on FB...
What is the point of doing ChH pocket book if it does not get the errata and vehicles from all the modules incorporated , oh yes MMP getting on the “ they will buy it if it has ASL written on it” Come on guys it should be complete, not half arsed as the pocket rule book was in 2015!

Reading between the lines...

So it sounds like Chapter H pocketbook will just be a book version of what's available now (so no updated Italians that are coming, but might included updated French?)

A new version of the the Pocket RB will have errata included, as will the eRulebook, which they are both close.

WinningerR

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As Scott notes, the eRB text scales well; I find it perfectly readable on an iPhone. The pocket Chapter H (and the eRB) will now have errata incorporated, as well.

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Enjoying your "new to you" Sony Walkman?
When I eventually did get one, the earphones hurt my ears, and the sound was tinny. Glad I didn't spend top (or even middling) dollar for one.