Ersatz VASLeague 2022

SteffenK

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
John Lehman's defending Germans held off my THREE human waves (in one turn!) in OA15 Shattering the Line. While I made great progress, I ran out of exitable VP when his lucky ATG burned two T34's and immobilized another.

Still a lot of fun, and I always enjoy playing John, no matter who loses.

Lobster

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Oyvind tried to stop my Germans breakthrough in BFP80 Ratushinak's Sacrifice. The first four turns were quite calm with lots of scouting from my Germans, carefully advancing only with their infantry in order to find a hole for my tanks to get behind der Russian lines. Things startet to get hot in turn 5, casualties on the attacking side mounting, culminating in a CH against my Tiger overrunning a 76L-ART in the final turn 6. With unhealthy fast heartbeats my Germans exited the board with enough VP to win. Great scenario proposed by Oyvind and a pleasure to play with him.

oybj

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
Sebastian won with the attacking Germans in BFP-80 Ratushniak's Sacrifice. He rushed my setup with infantry and kept his large point-scoring tanks in reserve, exiting them in the last round. A very enjoyable, unusual scenario, and an excellent opponent.

esparver73

Reaction score
Country
llLuxembourg
Played "ROMA2 Second hand news" with Björn Lorenzen and had a great time playing with him and also having a nice warm chat. The scenario is quite good, with many open options for both players, with the Germans having to exit units to score and the allies having to kill to score, so both sides are under pressure. The Germans must attempt to not lose units and get out with only 5 turns and the allies have lousy units but their losses do not count, so they have to risk to gain casualty points.

jfardette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the East Coast League, Chuck Tewksbury and I decided to call it a draw after 3.5 turns in the Forest North of Karachev. Chuck's Russians were all set to exit, but with 2 tanks immobilized and another destroyed it was anyone's game and we simply ran out of time. We plan to get together later to finish the game but don't want to slow down the next round of the tourney.

Of note in this game was the Russian sniper going absolutely wild, accounting either directly or indirectly (breaking, FTR) for the loss of 3 squads and two leaders. This was countered by some snazzy rate of fire and intensive fire with the AT gun before the sniper drove off the crew. Fun scenario.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Played Jeff at AP93 Best Think Again.
His KV2 was monstrous to begin with, first shot 2, unlikely hit. next 4 hit, next again 2 but missed the unlikely hit.
My guys were just dying. Then I threw a DC and knocked out one tank, two others of his decided to stay in Neutral (they hadn't brought the big hammer to change gear).
This left only dead eye the KV2 alive (who rolled 2 snakes on his start up rolls) but a series of 11s and 12 when he Human waved across a road against my 1 squad gave me the win.
Good chap to play and an interesting scenario with both sides armour entering from the same edge.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I've fallen ill. I won't close round 2 before May 15th, the start of round 3 will be delayed accordingly.
I hope it's nothing serious! Take good care of yourself and get better. Many thanks for running this and keeping us updated.

Sven

'Fin(n) Fan
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looks like you're back--it's good to see you again! Hope you are feeling much better... :)

jfardette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I didn't receive the email with my opponent's contact info, couldn't find it in junk folder either. Could you resend please, or the person assigned to play me in the next round contact me about our match? Thanks!

Tony Gibson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Just had a great game of AP141 Curries Favour against Tobias in round 3.
My German 4-6-7 squad found themselves in CC against a Canadian 10-2, 8-1 and 8-0 (adjacent Canadian squads pinned).
The Canadians killed the 4-6-7 in two CCs for the loss of the 10-2 and the 8-1 wounded!!
Always something new in ASL !!

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
I was really desperate, and my hope was that the 10-2 would be good enough for an ambush. Turns out, he wasn't. On the positive side, I did more overruns in this one game than in the whole of 2021!

heggieb

Reaction score
First name
Burnie
Country
llUnited States
Burnie Hegdahl's Russians beat Andy Bagleys SS in AP 169. Andy has some tough luck and I had a couple of lucky hits when I needed them. Think this scenario is a tough one for the Germans. Really enjoyed our game Andy and best of luck to you in the next round.