Ersatz VASLeague 2020

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
US West is ready to rumble! Let's get some matchups!

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
There are still a few results missing! Please finish your games and report the results, so that the games can go on!

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
I conceded my (clearly winning) game at 23.30 on 30th of May because it was my fault we were playing so near the time limit AND the tournament rules says “ The deadline is not flexible. No game is allowed beyond the deadline scheduled for the round. This applies also in the last round.”

I think those players should do the same

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
They should, yes, or they should decide on a winner, or on a draw and report the result.

But perhaps I should enforce my own rules more strictly, it's only fair to those players who manage to report their results on time. But today, I'm a little bit lenient. Expect the next round to start tomorrow, no matter if all results are in or not.

Last edited:

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
I've just distributed the pairings for round 3. Have fun!

TOP League:
Lionel Colin vs. Craig Houliston
Paul Lauger vs. Paul Chamberland
Boudrenghien vs. Martin Vicca
Rich Domovic vs. Jack Boyle
Stewart King vs. Tinture
Charles Henry Hammond vs. Brian Routh
Jeff Wasserman vs. Koestler

US/East League:
James Taylor vs. Jason Wert
Scott Holst vs. Patrick Palma
Kevin Russell vs. Jay Dragonetti
Andy Beaton vs. Rob Arrieta
Andy Goldin vs. Jim Fardette
David Langer vs. DUMMY

US/West League:
Larry Rohlfing vs. David Rosner
Tom Repetti vs. David Haasl
Eben Johnson vs. Jason Burnette
John Lehman vs. Donald Holland
John Bock vs. Steffen Knippel
Mark Watson vs. Rick Galli

Euro/Oceanic League:
Sam Prior vs. Sandro Coriasco
Björn Lorenzen vs. Kåre Jacobsen
Juan Santacruz vs. Luca Martini
Tobias Deißler vs. Magnus Rimvall
Joe Moro vs. DUMMY
Toze Santos vs. Sebastiano Caltabiano

Second Line League:
Jonathan Kapleau vs. Ernie Cameron
Stefano Piccardo vs. Maurizio
Kris Koch vs. Fabio Mazzucchelli
Danny Peeters vs. Joe Arthur
trebosc francois vs. Chuck Tewksbury
Euan Denniston vs. Michael Klautky
Felipe Zavala vs. Marti Cabre
Michal Sedlacko vs. Andy Riemer
David Douglas vs. Steve Anderson
Simon Staniforth vs. Todd Rezack
Jim Bellini vs. Frank J Costanzo
Lee Hyde-Sellars vs. Joe Vennarucci

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
A clarification on the deadline: I close the round just before I sit down to make the pairings for the next round. This is any time after the deadline has passed, usually the following weekend. As long as the link still works you can report results! It doesn't make sense for me to close the round earlier. But please don't rely on this grace period. If my schedule allows it, the next round can theoretically start immediately after the deadline.

The deadline for this round is 15 August.

Last edited:

Danny Peeters

Recruit
Reaction score
First name
Danny
Country
llBelgium
Hello folks,

my brave Russian soldiers will defend St. Polten in the Vienna Woods (AP52) against the attacking German forces from Joe Arthur!

Looking forward to our battle!

msoong38

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Question about the league: I see that each "round" is like 3 months long. How many games is expected to be finished in each round? Is it just one?

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
Question about the league: I see that each "round" is like 3 months long. How many games is expected to be finished in each round? Is it just one?
In each round, you get assigned one opponent and have to play one game against him/her. In the 2020 season, there are 4 rounds in each league. I plan to have 5 rounds per league next year, with each round two months long, and a season from January to October. Rounds are a bit longer this year because it's the first time I organize this and I like to have a little bit of wiggle room/safety margins.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Scott Holsts traiterous axis dudes won against Patrick Palma's Germans in J191 Rebels without a Pause. Great game game against a very fun opponent, our dice were pretty average and although I won, Pat still gets the Moral victory for killing three squads in Melee with snake eyes.

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Luca Martini Germans could not rape the russian motherland on CREAM OF THE CROP AP12

As usual, I got a few nice dice rolls that gave me the game.

Luca divided his force in three attacks each with a few squads and a stug. Thanks to a few nice rolls, the german infantry couldnt keep the pace with the stugs, as he was trying to freeze my infantry.
In my turn I counterattacked with my second line of concealed infantry and got one stug killed and another one inmobilized.

In his turn 3 he tried to get my Kv on close combat, but I had the opportunity to get in motion. That saved me !!

Third soviet turn, my reinforcements were coming ! My sniper got two of his leaders, wounding one and killing the other one. And then I moved my platoon of T60 to freeze his south trust. Not only he got a boxcars in his reaction fire, to RS both leader and squad, but then I rolled snake eyes on a 6+2!! All break !! He was going to surrender with all his southern infantry. !! He had sustained a lot of casualties on SMC (just a 9-1, a 8-0 wounded left, and a hero), two stugs out of the battle, and I had now the opportunity to close another flank: I had four tanks vs one.

He failed his personal MC

Luca is a very smart player ! He had a lot of patience with my slow movements of platoon tanks and doubts with my movements, my luck with the snipers and my rigth rolls on the rigth moments. He displayed great sportmanship. I hope I will play with him another time !!

Last edited:

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Larry Rohlfing's Brits rolled low and defeated David Rosner's Germans in Smoke the Kents.

The Brits were able to knock out one of the German tanks on turn 2. The Germans rolled an 11 breaking the CMG MA in the top of 3. In the bottom of 3, another German tank succumbed to an ATR shot. The Germans attempted the sleaze on the most forward Brit squad. After agonizing over the need for a 4 DR with the +2 motion and -1 street fighting ... the Brit rolled 1,1 on the PAATC followed by a 1,1 on the CCRF. Three AFV out and one with a busted MA, the Germans withdrew their position to fight another day.

jfardette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the East Coast League, Jim Fardette's Germans defeated Andy Goldin's Brits in WO30, As Luck Would Have It. The Germans went for the win with their boots, moving behind the woods towards the exit hexes. Andy shifted his 9-2 and supporting cast south to meet the threat, but the AT gun used his ROF burning one of the assault guns, leaving the remaining German armor to drive straight at the 9-2. He killed a second AFV in CC RF, but was then unable to fire on the infantry as they raced for the exits. Afterwards, Andy and I talked about this scenario and our admiration for the design. Pete Shelling gave us multiple ways to attack, so I'm hoping to give this another go at some point. As always, Andy is a great opponent and a pleasure to play against. I'm looking forward to our next game.

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In an amazingly tense game of HF1 Black Day in Hatten, my attacking Americans edged out a slim victory as it came down to the final CC roll. A great game by Lionel Colin, an excellent player and wonderful sportsman.

I tried to report our Round 3 game result with the link provided in the email, but it is not working (gives me a Failure! message). It may be that part of the URL was not picked up in the copy and paste process(?). In any case, could you please resend for the current round?

lionelc62

Reaction score
First name
Lionel
Country
llFrance
In an amazingly tense game of HF1 Black Day in Hatten, my attacking Americans edged out a slim victory as it came down to the final CC roll. A great game by Lionel Colin, an excellent player and wonderful sportsman.

I tried to report our Round 3 game result with the link provided in the email, but it is not working (gives me a Failure! message). It may be that part of the URL was not picked up in the copy and paste process(?). In any case, could you please resend for the current round?
Thanks Houlie for a very good and close game!
Hatten scénarios are really good !

Lionel

SteffenK

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
In A89 First Day of Diadem, my British OBA saved the day after John Bock's Germans swarmed my Moroccan (Free French) hill. An enjoyable and knowledgable opponent, I look forward to my next match against John.

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
I just sent around a reminder that round 3 will end soon. Just for information "Hier deadline eintragen" means "Enter deadline here", something I forgot to do before sending out the emails. :rolleyes:
The official deadline is 15th August, but since I won't have time to process the results this weekend, you have at least until 16th August (this Sunday) to finish your games and report the results.

Please use the reporting link I included in the email to report your results. You can also use it to check if your game was reported correctly if you already did so.

I sent the email to every participant, you explicitly don't have to send an email back that you already have reported the game if the result appears on the website:
http://randpatrouille.de/cgi-bin/asl-liga.cgi?link=current_round.html