Errata?Q&A One Stop Shop

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Klas Malmstrom has collected and put in one place the three major sources of Errata and Q&A outside of the MMP web page.

http://www.klasm.com/ASL/ErrataQA/ErrataQA.html

This is an incredible public service. I'm starting this thread and making it sticky so that the link is easily available without having to page through multiple posts on Klas' initial announcement thread. He is making an effort at updating the contents of the page as new sources and answers become available.

Disclaimer:
Technically, unless a Q&A/errata has been/is published by MMP/AH, it is not "official". Many of the entries in the Romanowski Files are attributed to personal communication. Many of the "Perry Sez" that Sam lists and the Klas has gleaned from the GS Forums are personal communications in reply to Q&A and are only passed on by the the person who recieved the reply. Consenting adults can play by whatever rules interpretations they desire and can agree on.

Last edited:

AZslim

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey thanks Jazz. Not bad for me, it only took 6 days to notice this. Duh.

Rock SgtDan

Reaction score
First name
Dan
Country
llSlovenia
The MMP page linked to does not include their major errata page, containing the important page inserts. I dunno how to find it or I'd reference it myself.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Does anyone know where I can find any errata for the Schwerpunkt and Rally Point scenarios.
These are both published by Evan Sherry and the boys in Florida. Ping them or their site. Or ask a question to the unwashed masses if you have specific quesitons.

Der Fleischer

Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llUnited States
These are both published by Evan Sherry and the boys in Florida. Ping them or their site. Or ask a question to the unwashed masses if you have specific quesitons.
Hi Sam! Thanks for the reply! I looked for them on the Schwerpunkt web site but did not see a link to them. Did I miss them somehow are am I just a dumbass? Wait, don't answer that! :) Thanks for any help you can provide!

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
Thanks again for posting and updating these, Klas! The Q&A just helped me solve another mid-game dilemma. Sure the answer was in the rule book all along, if one parsed it correctly, which I didn't. Fortunately another confused soul asked exactly the same question I had.

This expanding resource sure beats the beat-up Q&A photocopies I made from a few of the old Annuals; and I didn't own all of them either.

Rock SgtDan

Reaction score
First name
Dan
Country
llSlovenia

BruceC

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is there a place for Journal errata I can't find? J168 Katyushas Embrace has SSRs that are a little confusing concerning the rocket OBA.
As far as I can tell, rocket OBA gets only one fire mission, but the SSR has caused us some confusion. Does the rocket OBA get more than the one fire mission in this scenario? Any help would be appreciated, thanks
Bruce

BruceC

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Can't argue with that, thanks Klaus. Can you tell me your thoughts on why they would have included the bit on the chits, if there is only one fire mission?

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
Can't argue with that, thanks Klaus. Can you tell me your thoughts on why they would have included the bit on the chits, if there is only one fire mission?
Just guessing here.....if you choose to correct it and all of the enemy adjacent to the AR are '?', you will have to do an 'extra' chit draw to see if you can relocate the FFE. I've seen other scenarios like this where the inital, one-time fire mission is automatic but they include the draw pile parameters in case you decide to adjust it after the initial FFE.

BruceC

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That was my guess too, nothing at all I see indicates any additional fire missions. Certainly nothing that would supersede C1.9
thanks guys

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Just guessing here.....if you choose to correct it and all of the enemy adjacent to the AR are '?', you will have to do an 'extra' chit draw to see if you can relocate the FFE. I've seen other scenarios like this where the inital, one-time fire mission is automatic but they include the draw pile parameters in case you decide to adjust it after the initial FFE.
You can't correct a Rocket OBA Fire Mission, C1.9: "...No SR is placed nor is a FFE subject to Correction...."

However, there could be unknown (to the Observer) enemy units in/adjacent-to the hex where the initial AR is placed, requiring an extra chit draw.

rwcallen

Librarian at the Gates
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey folks, I'm updating my pocket size rulebook to reflect the most recent errata and wanted to make sure that I have correctly identified the errata as the items listed on the MMP website (as 2nd edition errata) along with the debriefing from Journals 11 and 12. What, if anything, have I missed that would update the rulebook only to Chapter H (I keep those up to but not working on that right now)?

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Scott, I think I found a typo in your v23 Q&A file. Your entry in the errata for A12 gives the scenario name "Showdown at Tug Argan Pass" instead of "Savoia!". Also, the file lists J8 "A Stiff Fight" which should be J9.

Last edited:

ScottRomanowski

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In version 23, in the "Errata and Q&A for CGs and Scenarios" section:
In the "A) ASL Annual" section:
Your entry in the errata for A12 gives the scenario name "Showdown at Tug Argan Pass" instead of "Savoia!".
In A12 ("Showdown at Tug Argan Pass"), change "Showdown at Tug Argan Pass" to "Savoia!", and change 262 to 268.

In the "J) ASL Journal" section:
Also, the file lists J8 "A Stiff Fight" which should be J9.
In J8 ("A Stiff Fight") change J8 to J9.