Errata on MMP site/Texas ASL (inc sticky)

robh91

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I am about to "update" my ASLRB 2nd edition and I am a little confused about what to do!
  1. I have all the replacement pages available form HP, AoO etc etc.
  2. I have printed off the "list" of errata from MMP:

Surprisingly, this seems to not include the errata from J11 and J12.

3. Texas ASL seems to have the most up to date "sticky errata" which includes J11 and J12.

QUESTIONS!!
a.) Will I be 100% up to date if use the MMP errata list (as above) together with the J11 and J12 errata?
b.) To execute a.) above as efficiently as possible, is there a source for "consolidated" sticky errata? If not, is the next best option to work through all the sticky errata files from Texas ASL? The MMP sticky errata seems incomplete.
c.) Where do the replacement pages (listed as below) form the MMP site fit in? What errata do they include? I'd rather not print them off and just use sticky errata on the original rule pages - will this work?
Replacement Pages
The following replacement pages are available for download:
A-15-A16vB.pdf
A53-A54vB.pdf
B7-B8vB.pdf
D5-D8vB.pdf

Thanks!

Last edited:

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
c.) Where do the replacement pages (listed as below) form the MMP site fit in? What errata do they include? I'd rather not print them off and just use sticky errata on the original rule pages - will this work?
Replacement Pages
The following replacement pages are available for download:
A-15-A16vB.pdf
A53-A54vB.pdf
B7-B8vB.pdf
D5-D8vB.pdf
These should contain the errata from ASL Journal 3 that was on those pages. Personally I have not bothered with them.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
Surprisingly, this seems to not include the errata from J11 and J12.
If you're familiar with MMP's historical use of their web site, the surprising part is that any errata is listed at all.

3. Texas ASL seems to have the most up to date "sticky errata" which includes J11 and J12.
Right.

a.) Will I be 100% up to date if use the MMP errata list (as above) together with the J11 and J12 errata?
I'm not sure if the website list includes the additional items from H-P (p.H190), and Yanks2 includes some errata to the scenario errata from Journal #11. In addition you may be missing some odd bits of scenario errata that MMP has occasionally posted in individual messages either here or on GameSquad (and maybe Facebook, but who cares about FB?). These odd items sometimes get confirmed and printed in the Journal, and sometimes not. They're a bit of a crap shoot.

[It still puts you ahead of ASLSK players, because the only place their errata gets published is in the next ASLSK product, i.e., they have to buy it. And presumably the ASLSK scenarios never have errata, because that shit doesn't get posted by MMP anywhere.]

b.) To execute a.) above as efficiently as possible, is there a source for "consolidated" sticky errata? If not, is the next best option to work through all the sticky errata files from Texas ASL? The MMP sticky errata seems incomplete.
So far as I'm aware, the stuff on the Texas pages should (for the earlier errata) duplicate what's on the MMP site. Be aware that none of the sticky errata was ever an MMP initiative, the original pages were done by Ole Boe on his own initiative, and then others (Rick Reinisch?) have picked up the slack afterwards.

[Being ASL, there is of course an EXC: MMP published sticky errata pages for ABTF and BRT in (IIRC) ASL Journal #2 (at least, in the original printing). It was nice, but not essential, as it was all covered in the official errata that was published for those products. So far as I know these sticky pages have never been made available for separate download.]

They're optional. They include (most of) the errata that was originally published in ASL Journal #3. Sticky errata on the original pages will work fine. Note that some of those pages have had further errata issued since, so if you use them at all, they're the very first things you insert into the rulebook, and then progress from there.

As a sanity check, cross-reference your replacement pages and errata with the Pocket ASLRB, as it includes all the errata pages ever issued up to and including H-P, and a consolidated list of errata up to and including Journal #10 (as you've discovered, you still need to add the errata from Nos. 11 and 12). (Noting that the "consolidated errata" only includes items for Chapters A through G and the Index.)

Starting from scratch, it's a lot of work. It will leave you as up-to-date as anyone can be expected to be at this point in time. Also, be sure to check the time line of your replacement pages! You don't want to go and add sticky errata to a page and then discover that the whole page was subsequently replaced.

Last edited:

Rick Galli

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
robh91, Thanks for asking this.

I was contemplating doing the same thing a couple months ago, but as I was unable to find a comprehensive up-to-date listing of all the errata, as well as having the exact same questions, I got frustrated and decided to put off this project till later.

My current plan is to start with my virgin copy of the 2nd edition ASLRB, then add all the errata pages from HP & AoO, add all the Texas-ASL sticky errata (cross-checked against the errata listed in the front of my softcover ASLRB, as well as J11 & J12), and hope that I haven't missed anything important.

robh91

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Thanks everyone for their input!
So my revised plan is:
  1. Use as a "master list" the MMP Errata list (current to J10 and misses HP H190 updates) with the addition of J11, J12 and the HP H190 updates (thanks Bruce!). Also check against the Pocket RB (which includes HP H190 and only misses J11 and J12) including to check I have the right replacement pages from AoO etc (thanks Bruce). I won't use the replacement pages on the MMP site (thanks Klas!).
  2. I need to use all the Texas ASL sticky errata from "HP" to "AP4".
  3. Yanks 2 has errata at page H48F (thanks Bruce!). I gather I can ignore this as the scenarios contained in Yanks 2 are correct (subject to a few small changes listed on the MMP site and corrections on the packing slip with Yanks 2). I gather the errata in H48F was to "correct" a large number of errors in J11 errata relating to updating various "old" scenarios that were rereleased in Yanks 2.

Last edited:

robh91

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
robh91, Thanks for asking this.

I was contemplating doing the same thing a couple months ago, but as I was unable to find a comprehensive up-to-date listing of all the errata, as well as having the exact same questions, I got frustrated and decided to put off this project till later.

My current plan is to start with my virgin copy of the 2nd edition ASLRB, then add all the errata pages from HP & AoO, add all the Texas-ASL sticky errata (cross-checked against the errata listed in the front of my softcover ASLRB, as well as J11 & J12), and hope that I haven't missed anything important.
I think that sounds right!

robh91

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
If you're familiar with MMP's historical use of their web site, the surprising part is that any errata is listed at all.

Right.

I'm not sure if the website list includes the additional items from H-P (p.H190), and Yanks2 includes some errata to the scenario errata from Journal #11. In addition you may be missing some odd bits of scenario errata that MMP has occasionally posted in individual messages either here or on GameSquad (and maybe Facebook, but who cares about FB?). These odd items sometimes get confirmed and printed in the Journal, and sometimes not. They're a bit of a crap shoot.

[It still puts you ahead of ASLSK players, because the only place their errata gets published is in the next ASLSK product, i.e., they have to buy it. And presumably the ASLSK scenarios never have errata, because that shit doesn't get posted by MMP anywhere.]

So far as I'm aware, the stuff on the Texas pages should (for the earlier errata) duplicate what's on the MMP site. Be aware that none of the sticky errata was ever an MMP initiative, the original pages were done by Ole Boe on his own initiative, and then others (Rick Reinisch?) have picked up the slack afterwards.

[Being ASL, there is of course an EXC: MMP published sticky errata pages for ABTF and BRT in (IIRC) ASL Journal #2 (at least, in the original printing). It was nice, but not essential, as it was all covered in the official errata that was published for those products. So far as I know these sticky pages have never been made available for separate download.]

They're optional. They include (most of) the errata that was originally published in ASL Journal #3. Sticky errata on the original pages will work fine. Note that some of those pages have had further errata issued since, so if you use them at all, they're the very first things you insert into the rulebook, and then progress from there.

As a sanity check, cross-reference your replacement pages and errata with the Pocket ASLRB, as it includes all the errata pages ever issued up to and including H-P, and a consolidated list of errata up to and including Journal #10 (as you've discovered, you still need to add the errata from Nos. 11 and 12). (Noting that the "consolidated errata" only includes items for Chapters A through G and the Index.)

Starting from scratch, it's a lot of work. It will leave you as up-to-date as anyone can be expected to be at this point in time. Also, be sure to check the time line of your replacement pages! You don't want to go and add sticky errata to a page and then discover that the whole page was subsequently replaced.
Bruce!
What can I say? Thanks for the very comprehensive guide. It has helped clarify things greatly, as well a helped me to refine my approach!

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
Also check against the Pocket RB (which includes HP H190 and only misses J11 and J12)
Just to emphasise again: the errata listed in the Pocket RB only covers the Index and Chapters A-G. All other errata you have to get from the Journals and the web site.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
I live in the land of A4!
You also live in the land of page protectors that handle both A4 and US Letter seamlessly. Printing in A4 is not an issue. Don't limit yourself to the ASL rules binder -- it's way too small (in all dimensions). Unless you want to eventually destroy all the pages in your new rulebook, put each page in a page protector and use alternate binders (plural). I strongly recommend Ergo binders (you won't find them in retail stores, you need to go to office supply outlets). They're expensive but indestructible.

robh91

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
MISSION COMPLETE!
Many, many hours of work but all the sticky errata from Texas-ASL is now all in place!
Thanks again to everybody for their help!