Errata for Vae Victis scenarios

almogaver266

Reaction score
Country
llGibraltar
Hi all

Anyone knows if there are any errata for the vae victis scenarios? I´m just to prepare to play V V 7, Le Courage des Mahrattes, and there are some doubts with the British tank placement...

Thanks

Buck K

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi all

Anyone knows if there are any errata for the vae victis scenarios? I´m just to prepare to play V V 7, Le Courage des Mahrattes, and there are some doubts with the British tank placement...

Thanks
I am interested also, the number of German squads in VV29 Les Cavaliers seems to missing. I'm assuming it's ten to match the horse counters, but wanted to make sure.

Buck.

Doktor No

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
For "les cavaliers" - "the horse soldiers" -, the number of 468 Squads is the same as the number of Horses.
For "le courage des Mahrattes" - "Valor of the Mahrattas :)" -, the AFVs and the Infantry don't set up in the same area, so there is nothing wrong BUT in fact the Churchill VIII (T95*) should be a Churchill VII (T75).

I hope you'll enjoy !

Philippe Naud

Buck K

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
For "les cavaliers" - "the horse soldiers" -, the number of 468 Squads is the same as the number of Horses.
For "le courage des Mahrattes" - "Valor of the Mahrattas :)" -, the AFVs and the Infantry don't set up in the same area, so there is nothing wrong BUT in fact the Churchill VIII (T95*) should be a Churchill VII (T75).

I hope you'll enjoy !

Philippe Naud
Phillippe,

MERCI!! I am looking forward to the scenarios. I've been slowly buying back issues, and I agree with Chas that the scenarios look fun, and arguably fill a void in the current scenario offerings.

Since no good deed goes unpunished! Two of the scenarios, I translated last night and may play this weekend, have phrases that I'm not sure of, so if anyone could help with my translation, I would appreciate it.

From Le Mors Aux Dents (ASL/VV23) SSR 1. "Les maisons sont touts en bois avec un etage maximum" Does "Un etage" mean:

1. maximum Level ONE (i.e., Buildings have a level 0 and level 1, but NO Level 2), or
2. Only one level (i.e, Ground level/LEVEL 0)??

From Les Cavaliers: SSR 1: Les Polonais Peuvent Prergler (6.4) leurs armes et placer les Unites en Terrain Adequat sous < ? > en plus de ceux de l'OB.

I translated this as the Poles may boresight their SWs, and if in concealment terrain they can be placed under a concealment counter in addition to the counters provided.

BUT.. My concern is that this seems like the standard rule, so I thought I may be missing something. The Poles set up first, the Germans also set up on Board. Could this mean that the Poles can get concealment on all units in concealment terrain before the Germans set up OR possibly get a concealment counter after the Germans set up regardless of LOS OR maybe this was included just to emphasize the standard rule??? Could it have anything to do with HIP, maybe?

Thanks in advance!!

Buck.

Last edited:

Doktor No

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Phillippe,

MERCI!! I am looking forward to the scenarios. I've been slowly buying back issues, and I agree with Chas that the scenarios look fun, and arguably fill a void in the current scenario offerings.

Thank you but beware of the dogs in the older ones, often from bad editing :)

From Le Mors Aux Dents (ASL/VV23) SSR 1. "Les maisons sont touts en bois avec un etage maximum" Does "Un etage" mean:

1. maximum Level ONE (i.e., Buildings have a level 0 and level 1, but NO Level 2), or
You're right. A nice example of the difference between French and English : Ground Level is "Rez-de-Chaussée" in French
From Les Cavaliers: SSR 1: Les Polonais Peuvent Prergler (6.4) leurs armes et placer les Unites en Terrain Adequat sous < ? > en plus de ceux de l'OB.

I translated this as the Poles may boresight their SWs, and if in concealment terrain they can be placed under a concealment counter in addition to the counters provided.

BUT.. My concern is that this seems like the standard rule, so I thought I may be missing something. The Poles set up first, the Germans also set up on Board. Could this mean that the Poles can get concealment on all units in concealment terrain before the Germans set up

That's it !

Thanks in advance!!

Buck

I hope you'll enjoy them.

Philippe

Reaction score
Country
llFrance

Philippe Naud
Hi,
I have the same problem as the AFVs can set up in the same area as the German infantry. For example hex O6 which is <= 3 hexes from Q7 (German setup area) and between hexrows I-R included (AFVs setup area). So any correction ?

hoxson1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Overlay question for VV23 "Le Mors aux Dents". Church overlay has coordinates 24Q6-P7 but they are not adjacent. One of them is wrong. Depending on which one, the church could go on the north or south side of a street. Anyone seen any correction on this? Thanks.

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
I also am looking for official errata for VV scenarios. I guess they are not collected anyplace?

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Overlay question for VV23 "Le Mors aux Dents". Church overlay has coordinates 24Q6-P7 but they are not adjacent. One of them is wrong. Depending on which one, the church could go on the north or south side of a street. Anyone seen any correction on this? Thanks.
There is a screenshot of the map here:

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
hoxson is the one who loads all these images into the scenario archive so I guess he found his answer?

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
hoxson is the one who loads all these images into the scenario archive so I guess he found his answer?
Ah, that slipped my mind. I guess we know why he was asking, eh? :)

Anyway, just reminding anyone (I know it is an older thread) that isn't aware of the archive that it is a useful place to find errata.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey Hox - i'm working on the next batch.
Have you been converting the VV scenarios into English?

I ask because that is probably the largest gap that I have on my Chronology of War file.

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
Sort of. I got a hold of English translations for a big chunk of them and have been slowly inserting it back into the original scenario cards. LFT just did a bunch of them in LFT 14 (plus tweaks). Having a few issues as the translations sometimes don’t match the French (as best that I can tell) so never sure if something was missed or was updated with errata.

Have you been converting the VV scenarios into English?

I ask because that is probably the largest gap that I have on my Chronology of War file.