ER Chaser Vs Tripps in Perimeter map

Tripps

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Turn 15 Update.

I knew ER would jinx me by saying he was losing badly :p

Academy:
By now ER would have figured out the academy was a feint - im not sure how effective it was considering ER does not look like he has a mobile infantry force, and I probably didnt put enough pressure here to warrant his AFV's coming over this way.
Regardless, my guys look to have inflicted more damage than taken here, I think a squad or 2 of SMG's and a gun and mortar would have meant I would have entered the buildings and at least neutralised the flag - ah well :)

Woods:
Cleared and all mine, they are now pushing onwards to have a looksee everywhere else.

Seaside Town:
I wanted to get to the seaside and to do so at a particular point where stands a certain town. By chance it bears no name at all :). you know, we've pulled it off, we've got it really, except for a few enemy positions still holding out. Now people say "why dont you finish it more quickly?" Well the reason is that I dont want another Verdun. i prefer to do it with quite small assault groups. Time is of no consequence at all. :eek:gre:

Last edited:

Tripps

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Hills:
fighting has stalled, a lousy shreck took out my Su-76 (I had a SMG team 5 meters away from it, but to pinned to stop it firing 3 times!).
without the Su I am severely limit in my support in the region, where ER still has a couple StuG's and a Hummel stopping me surround the position.
Will be interesting to see what happens.

Arty has dropped finally on my guys attacking the railway station, that put a real dampener on that attack.
And also enveloping the sailing club.

All going well I can take the Woods/Town/Sailling Club/Hills/Railway Station and maybe the marshes.
But the last few turns have cost me dearly so I may have to scale back my objectives...

Maps coming soon showing my initial deployments

ER_Chaser

Reaction score
Country
llChina
I got a feeling that I am becoming sort of focal point of our forum ... hmm.. .yammy... lol ...

CMant

Reaction score
I hope you have a plane at the airfield , ER , that's ready to take you away , Tripps is squeezing the Perimeter .

ER_Chaser

Reaction score
Country
llChina
I hope you have a plane at the airfield , ER , that's ready to take you away , Tripps is squeezing the Perimeter .
To where? :) Tripps can capture and kill me if he likes, but I am not a flier :)

Tripps

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Heres a little map - im still stuck in the Paint era, so I do my best with that! (Plus its a new notebook and I got any photo editing software on it yet..)

Righto, as you can see, i've listed my main arrows of advance, with the options they had available to them afterwards depending on circumstances.

Main thrust was the woods, IIRC there were 4 platoons of SMG's, maybe 5, with half a platoon of mountain troops - their objective was to overwhelm anything they encountered and move on to assist left and right.
They did well, ER had a couple platoons in there and when I met resistance the flanks rolled around and enveloped him wiping him out - did any escape ER?

The attack on the seaside town started well, but im not near the top of my game and my timing was well out coordinating the attack with arty support.
As a result, i took far to many losses there than I would have liked.
As a side note, the arty was way to light for the buildings, would have been much better over in the hills area.
The town is pretty much mine now, just mopping up, and i'm looking at the marshes next.

The hills - well, this is where I needed more arty than i had there, its been bitter fighting. ER has commited his AFV reinforcements there (2xStuG, 2Xhummel) which has made it more difficult, and my timing is off here as well, with the 2 attacks not coinciding with each other.
Even so, im hoping to wipe hm off around it and claim the hills flag.

The sailing club and Railway station are secondary objectives for me now, with forces starting their recon of the area.

There was a little feint at the top - BTW, the circles with crosses through them are where my armour started, there was 2 Su's at the top firing early at the academy to try and make ER think a major thrust was happening there and draw off any AFV's - they were always going to scoot around the woods and provide fire support on the railway station late game, which was their objective, but ammo loads were lower than i remembered and i forgot they dont come with a MG!!
Behind the town were 3 T34's, my biggest armour concentration (2 more Su's top right which could go either around to help the hills - one did and died, the other cross fire on the railway station - plus 1 more t34 by the sailing club, which tried to help the hills and died - meh) - and these 3T34's guys were to wait and wait until i could see what ER brought to the table and they were safe (r)!, then they cut around the corner and help out, which they did, levelling the town saving my bacon.

anyways, thats it, thats pretty much my whole plan, and it was working til i started mucking things up :)
ER's defense is just annoying as hell, its like every group of trees spawns a half squad as you approach and takes out my guys, I swear there is still like 5 half squads in the town holding out like the rats they are:

With 10 turns to go its going to be close :)

ER_Chaser

Reaction score
Country
llChina
Update: Tripps advanced in all directions that he planned to advance as planned (hmm.. lol a bit tongue twisting? :) but makes sense, right? :) ).

My defense forces at said directions scattered. And he is right in guessing my force composition and strategy, yes, I had mostly static infantry defense lines with lower quality infantry units, which proved to be more or less ineffective against his veteran or crack Russian SMGs. The terrain makes it rather difficult to coordinate artillery strikes, so far my artillery works to little effects of slowing the hordes down. We both lost some armors, yet neither of us put a lot of weight on armor anyways, the balance is definitely toward Tripps now.

Actually even at this moment, I concede that I am wrong about the map: German does not have completely secured wins. :) (that is even if from now on, I got extremely lucky and every single shot hits and just destroyed his entire force and win, it still does not mean anything at strategy level. His strategy works perfectly against my defense. There might be other defensive strategy that might work against his attack plan, but he already successfully proved that there exists a strategy of Russian capable of winning the scenario against some non-trivial defense plans.)

ER_Chaser

Reaction score
Country
llChina
oh, to answer the question CMant (or other friend) asked, what is the force composition and defense plan I have comparing to the one that I played against POS?
The answer is: yes, I had almost exactly the same force composition and plan and actually almost identical deployment of everything.

Tripps

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Turn 20 update

Well, almost done, game could finish at any time now really.

Woods: still mine, but i have guys doing constant patrols since ER could sneak some guys up and neutralise - now that would be annoying!

Seaside Town: Mine, altho ER had the last laugh with a platoon HQ popping up in the rubble of the Church, mowing down 3 guys, then surrendering... Sometimes you wish you had an execute command...

Sailing Club: Coming in from both sides, couple of platoons of SMG's, so im thinking they should overwhelm anything ER has in there? There are not many places to hid but im counting on every tree having a German behind it...

Hills: Think its mine... Im getting weird sound contacts and they are jumping all over the place.
Since the guys assaulting it are not going anywhere afterwards I'm taking my time clearing it out - OH, ER's arty switched from the railways to the Hills, pounding my guys coming around behind the flag.

Railway: Having a tough time getting close with out support of any kind. Will probably end in stalemate methinks.

ER's AFV's are heading towards the marshes, where im closing now, looks like the final battle will be played out over here, I have quite a lot of stuff heading into the marshes, but time is against me now...

McIvan

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Sounds like you have snipers in them thar hills.

It's just a bit short for time, isn't it. POS prefers meeting engagements, so he goes with short timeframes, but they don't work for attack/defend imo.

Tripps

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Turned out to be another half squad my guys missed on their 3rd sweep, I swear - these Germans are like crockroaches....

Turn 24 in progress, all but done

ER_Chaser

Reaction score
Country
llChina
I think Tripps kept some pictures. And I am happily annoucing that Tripps won a wonderful minor victory here! Congratulations! :)

Tripps

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Oh, Captured Woods/Hills/Sailing Club/Seaside Town/Marshes and neutralised railway station

Nemesis Lead

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well done Tripps! Beating a quality opponent like ER Chaser is no easy task! He is a handful!

You and I will have to get a game in.....as soon as I finish with Gaz NZ.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
WHAT!

Where are the wonderful overview timeline maps of the battle with the frontlines drawn in and lines of advance & movement shown?
:p

Tripps

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
It is ironic you say that, I stayed up last night creating aerial 'way' points of the battle, then putting little arrows on it.
Didnt put them up yet cos I wanna add narrative, but I had to finish end of the month stuff and people owing me money ranks up there on the priorities :)