EON is no more

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Time to throw out my back issues.

EON Magazine is closing down

EON - The Redemption Trilogy

It is with regret that we must announce that EON magazine is closing down after nearly 8 incredible years in production. The economic realities are such that it is no longer viable to continue to produce the magazine in spite of EVE enjoying record success in this its 10th year of operation.

We'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for your loyalty and support over what has been a wonderful period in gaming. We would never have predicted that EON would last as long as it did, and it's solely thanks to you and your fellow readers that the period of EON's existence can only be looked back on as a meaningful and successful one. Together, CCP Games and its vastly creative player community have combined to create something uniquely special, and while EON must unfortunately make way, we're confident that the New Eden story will continue to be chronicled in ever richer forms in the years ahead.

Our only regret is that we are unable to fully celebrate EVE's 10th anniversary with one more issue, but we can reveal that we are collaborating with CCP on a new project, to be revealed soon.

The lights will remain on in the EON Store (eonmagazine.co.uk) until 31st March, where virtually all stock is now at clearance prices and orders will be processed as normal.

So please visit the store and purchase these collectors items while stocks last. Everything must go and they are crazy low prices.

Thank you once again, and fly safe.

MMM Publishing
The best thing about EON were the short stories. The rest was too concerned with high-level stuff, like capital ship loadouts and competitive PvP. I think EON left too many casual players out in the cold, hence, their ultimate failure.

Eh, it is all moot anyway. As soon as Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous are released, Eve is going F2P anyway....:D

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
If anyone is interested, you can get the whole EON collection at an incredible price.

Chaim628

Reaction score
Country
llSwitzerland
Sad moment in Eve history. I liked the magazine a lot. Yeah bit high level stuff but sometimes real good reads. It seems costs got over income, not so much lower income... too bad. Well let's see what they come up with.

On a side note, I see the Eve Online store is closed since November...