Entire Star Wars The Clone Wars series out on Netflix including the episodes from S6

kawaiku

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's all there, seasons 1-6. Season 6 was already well underway when Disney canned it and it has and still causes an uproar as the show was seriously hitting its stride. Anyway, here is the Season 6 trailer:

[video=youtube;dT6gZdTUKQo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT6gZdTUKQo&feature=youtu.be[/video]

For those who think it craps all over the background material prior to the show and movies, I don't really have a comment but imho, this is how the movies should have been done. Obi-Wan and Anakin's relationship is so much more realized and Anakin is obviously loads better than his physical counterpart. While it does struggle in the first season it was showing a lot of improvement by midway through season 2. It is a kids show so their will be those weird and goofy episodes as well as a hideously dumbing down of the main villains of Dooku and General Grievous which is really a shame because Grievous was a total beast in the animated series where he easily took out nearly a dozen jedi by himself. But it also introduces some really heavy concepts and moments such as Sidious stealing a bunch of children with force sensitivity; political oriented episodes about banking, funding the war, trying for peace; and then the episodes where clones try to understand their place in the Star Wars universe. There is much more. We also get some great characters, scenes, action, and a better love story than Twilight (yes, I went there :p). Honestly, you cannot go wrong with the series. Besides, it's Netflix, don't like an episode? Skip to the next one. One word of caution however is that events are shown woefully out of place within the "established" timeline so don't be surprised if certain arcs and episodes in one season coincide with something from a previous season. But I highly recommend you do watch it all the way through. You will not be disappointed in the end. Besides, it's Star Wars.

If I had to rate it, I'm currently 3/4ths of the way through season four but I'd easily rate the show a solid 8.5 overall right now. But I understand that it really picks up in season 5.

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States
Re: Entire Star Wars The Clone Wars series out on Netflix including the episodes from

I came in here to make a quip about backflips and stuff, but I see what you're saying about this filling a gap for the movies. I hate to admit it, but the prequels are very good marketing tools. Don't get me wrong now; the majority of SW multimedia I could care less about, but there are some comic book writers who managed to find some gold in this bloated monstrosity of a franchise. Darklighter - The backstory for Biggs - was actually really good, and it's not the only one.

kawaiku

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: Entire Star Wars The Clone Wars series out on Netflix including the episodes from

I might have missed the boat but how are the prequels good marketing tools?? Also, have you read any of the books? Specifically the Han Solo trilogy, Shadows of the Empire, Thrawn Trilogy and Hand of Thrawn Duology, as well as the X-Wing series and a smattering of others I've heard that are good? And, lastly, have you checked out the Legacy series?

But agreed about the series, it doesn't only fill in the gaps from the movies but it also fills in more visual material for the Star Wars universe in general that you would not get with the movies. Also, I just finished an arc that capped off Anakin's budding resentment with the Jedi Council. You should also definitely check out the Mortis arc, episodes 15-17 of season 3, it's one of the best in the entire series.

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States

Like I said, I'm a film enthusiast, so I don't really care about books of movies, spinoffs, videogames, and the rest. Books using Star Wars only seem to advertise themselves as being inferior, because an accomplished writer would form his own universe. Comics are a different beast though: you can have some unique approaches to any character/franchise or whatever. Case in point: Garth Ennis' Punisher and Nick Fury.
I read half of that first Thrasn book because this one kid wouldn't shut up about it. I didn't think it was good. First off, putting the characters together by circumstance was already being lampshaded in the movies. They took that to the next level by milking their movie lines for credibility value. Overall, I think that they could have continued the series with the athrawn character, but they had to make it resemble the movies too much. I don't really care about the other stuff because the best is inferior to the fiction I do want to make the time to read. That's only my opinion, and I think that there are redeeming qualities in the books. I think the idea that books are required reading for movies is ridiculous. Even if they were kickass, the movies are still a mess.

The movies are advertisements. Redlettermedia makes the point better than I could. They also have none of the appeal that the first two and the first half of Jedi. Gary Kurtz as one of driving forces behind the movies, Ralph Mcquarrie's art, and even the 'worn in' look of the set design really set the originals apart in every way that a movie could be.

Russell Williams

Potatoe Peeler 3rd Class
Reaction score
Country
llCanada

Really enjoyed watching this on Teletoon with my son. Hopefully this season will make it there, otherwise we'll have to wait for the DVDs.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Does that have those mini-episodes or whatever mess they made in the middle?