Entering reinforcements

Boonierat

Biệt Ðộng Quân
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Silly question but friendly reinforcements can't enter play adjacent to enemy units right? :shy:

JAMiAM

TOAW III Project Manager
Reaction score
Silly question but friendly reinforcements can't enter play adjacent to enemy units right? :shy:
If the hex is occupied by a friendly unit, it definitely can. I don't recall if the local patrol hex conversions occur before or after placement of reinforcements. If before, and if not a map edge reinforcement, then no. If after and the hex was previously friendly, then yes. Map edge reinforcements can pop up in enemy controlled hexes, on the map edge hexes. Guerrillas, of course, can as well, anywhere within 3 hexes.

I think that covers all the cases...

Boonierat

Biệt Ðộng Quân
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Thanks James, that's what I thought. I'm trying to enter enemy units in hexes that are friendly-controlled since turn 1 but they don't want to. Gonna use a change possession event, that should do the trick.

Boonierat

Biệt Ðộng Quân
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Thanks James, that's what I thought. I'm trying to enter enemy units in hexes that are friendly-controlled since turn 1 but they don't want to. Gonna use a change possession event, that should do the trick.

The set ownership event didn't work, as it happens before the local patrol check, but I found a trick anyway to enter my reinforcements next to enemy units.

Boonierat

Biệt Ðộng Quân
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Which was?

Well, its not really a trick but coincidentaly the reinforcements I wanted to enter do so on a major river hex (with bridge) and when you change possession of those with the set ownership event they don't switch back due to local patrol (I'm trying to simulate buddhist riots in Hue and Da Nang in my upcoming Vietnam Combat Operations Volume 3)

Crazy Dutch

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
Well, its not really a trick but coincidentaly the reinforcements I wanted to enter do so on a major river hex (with bridge) and when you change possession of those with the set ownership event they don't switch back due to local patrol (I'm trying to simulate buddhist riots in Hue and Da Nang in my upcoming Vietnam Combat Operations Volume 3)
About entering a unit in a riverhex on a bridge. If the enemy blows up the bridge then the reinforcement does not arrives before the bridge is repaired. Except if it is bridge engineer unit. I had this problem with my old Krasniy Grom scenario.

Boonierat

Biệt Ðộng Quân
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Yep, when you set a unit to enter on an unbridged super river hex you get the ? next to the hex coordinates.