Enter and exit the board

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Playing the last of the FB scenarios (been a blast, great scenarios) but rubble creation has allowed me to lay a trap for my opponent with a roadblock. He has brought a tank onto the map and on the first MP gets to see the roadblock blocking his route.

Whilst he has the option to drive through buildings or try to bypass a maze of buildings can he go off board and so get on to a second road? My feeling is no he is stuck there.

He has two more tanks lined along that road waiting to come on but I believe he has no problem moving along the edge of the map to a better entry location.

Your thoughts would be welcome

Ian

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
Nice idea! ;) but you cannot leave then return. You can only "exit":

A2.6 Units which leave the mapboard [EXC: glider contents (E8.5); paratroops (E9.41)] may not return.​

EJ1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Check A2.51. I think it helps. My summary: during RPh of the entry turn, the entering units must set up on an used board adjacent to the one and side they are to enter. Once his leading tank eneterd the playing board and saw the obstacle(s), the other entering units may move around the unused board so as to enter elsewhere - unless the SSR designated a specific entry hex(es). Other than road hexes, all the other full, non-half, hexes of the unused board are considered open ground for MPs.

Thus, if my summary is correct, the units must be set up on the unused board at the start of their RPh, and as the attacker learns what's before him, only then may he move units on the unused board, paying open or road-hex MPs along the way.

Cheers

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Check A2.51. I think it helps. My summary: during RPh of the entry turn, the entering units must set up on an used board adjacent to the one and side they are to enter. Once his leading tank eneterd the playing board and saw the obstacle(s), the other entering units may move around the unused board so as to enter elsewhere - unless the SSR designated a specific entry hex(es). Other than road hexes, all the other full, non-half, hexes of the unused board are considered open ground for MPs.

Thus, if my summary is correct, the units must be set up on the unused board at the start of their RPh, and as the attacker learns what's before him, only then may he move units on the unused board, paying open or road-hex MPs along the way.

Cheers
Indeed this is how we played it. His follow on tanks able to move around as not hex entry bound. That one tank will have to work it's way through a few buildings, the other two tanks will basically loose a turn due to MP cost to take the next available road and the up and down costs (it's ground snow), will help me defend for sure

Ian