English Soccer London

koffee77

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Question for ASLers in the London area: how hard is it to get tickets to a Chelsea home game? I will be in London 18-25 Sept and understand they have a home match 23 Sept and would be interested in attending.
ken

DC

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi Ken

Chelsea are away to Stoke on Saturday 23rd September, so you would really struggle to get tickets for that I'm afraid. Unfortunately, the week you're in London coincides with a rest week in the Champions League, so you're also missing out on the possibility on seeing them in Europe.

I'd definitely take the opportunity of doing the stadium tour - well worth it

Best wishes

Derek

RRschultze

Reaction score
First name
Ian
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi Ken

Chelsea are away to Stoke on Saturday 23rd September, so you would really struggle to get tickets for that I'm afraid. Unfortunately, the week you're in London coincides with a rest week in the Champions League, so you're also missing out on the possibility on seeing them in Europe.

I'd definitely take the opportunity of doing the stadium tour - well worth it

Best wishes

Derek
the stadium tour and trophy room visit will last a good half hour! However if you travelled a couple of hours North to my beloved city of Liverpool and visited Anfield and the trophy room, you will have a full day!

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My dad is planning a trip to London in December. Excuse my ignorance of football, but would their be a match (game?) on in the greater metropolitan area during the first week of December that would be accessible to an old man in so-so physical condition? I don't want to say money is not object, but it would be on my dime as a gift, so I'm willing to pay a good bit for him to have a good time with some real people and not a group of tourists. He's actually been to England many times and was stationed in Germany as a USAF officer in the 50s. He watches premier league over here now, but doesn't follow a team.

Thanks, and wish I could go with him.

RRschultze

Reaction score
First name
Ian
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Brian does your dad 'follow' a particular football team. I only ask as there are quite a few football teams in the London area I.e Arsenal, Chelsea, West Ham, Tottenham Hotspur, Crystal Palace. I suggest you have a quick look at the particular football teams website to ascertain fixtures and prices. Hope this helps.

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Brian does your dad 'follow' a particular football team
No, not really, or at least not that I know of. I think, though, that what he would enjoy from the match would be interacting with the real, local fans of any team. Indeed, I was looking at some of the sites and thought maybe one of the ladies matches would be easier to get tickets to and cheaper and calmer.

The one time I visited London, I was headed to the Imperial War museum one afternoon and was on the tube with a big group of fans (of which club I have no idea) going to a match. At the time (1993?), I didn't know what the premier league was. Now, years later, I wish I'd gone along with them. I was tempted at the time, and regret that I didn't.

DC

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
the stadium tour and trophy room visit will last a good half hour! However if you travelled a couple of hours North to my beloved city of Liverpool and visited Anfield and the trophy room, you will have a full day!
But no sign of a Premiership trophy #HaveYouEverSeenGerrardWinTheLeague