Enfilade 2009 enters history!

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I am glad I saw my old buddy (Mike McIntyre) in the images thank you.

I tried to contact him via email. Hope he did okay out there.

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, Bruce Billet took first place in a hard-fought battle with Robert Wolkey. Congrats to Bruce for what I think is his first Enfilade Championship!

We had 19 people playing ASL, and many more playing "3D ASL" - miniatures using Starter Kit 3 rules. This year we had an all armor battle. As usual, Larry Spangler hosted this and we added two or three new ASL players from people who tried out ASL with miniatures and want to buy the starter kit(s) and play on.

I'd like to express my thanks to those who came. I got my clock cleaned - three times. :clown:

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
I guess Mark Nixon was correct. Rich Jenilus has washed up from the St. Lawrence Seaway onto the Pacific Coast. I sort of had the impression he might not be playing ASL anymore. Ohio's lost, Enfilade's gain.

Maedhros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I guess Mark Nixon was correct. Rich Jenilus has washed up from the St. Lawrence Seaway onto the Pacific Coast. I sort of had the impression he might not be playing ASL anymore. Ohio's lost, Enfilade's gain.
I played two scenarios with Rich and had a great time.

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yep, I hooked up with Rich for some games before the tourney. He's a keeper.

With regard to that last photo: do you think the chair makes my butt look big?

Count_Zero

Reaction score
First name
Josh
Country
llUnited States
Another first....First tournament win. Hopefully many more to go...A great time with all the PacNW ASL gamers. See you all in a few years. I'm going to TEXAS!

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Another first....First tournament win. Hopefully many more to go...A great time with all the PacNW ASL gamers. See you all in a few years. I'm going to TEXAS!
Sure, come BEAT me and then leave the state!

Sheeze, newbies. :p

Count_Zero

Reaction score
First name
Josh
Country
llUnited States
Hey, I was part of that playing as well! WE beat you fair and square.

And I'm not leaving the state.
You BET we did! You and the UberTankDestroyer from HELL and me with the Insane-German-Fanatic-SS-Clown-Posse! That was a great game. You, Sam, and Larry are all class guys. I'd play you all again any time. We'll see if I can't scrounge enough money to come back in a year or two. I have some debts to pay off first, but I'd relish the opportunity to come back to the PacNW and play this crew again. Everyone that goes to Enfilade has been great to get to know. They all readily accepted a new-ish player (me) intruding on their turf and were always ready with a smile and a game.

If you have some spare cash sitting around and a free Memorial Day weekend, I'd HIGHLY recommend that you avail yourself of the opportunity. With the possible exception of ASLOK, I'd bet you'd be hard pressed to find a better group of guys. I say that tongue in cheek, though, it seems to happen that everywhere I go I end up finding great people through gaming that become lifelong friends. I know Sam goes to ASLOK every year. I plan to go to one of them in the reasonably near future (5 years or so). I can't wait to see him there. I can't wait to see my friend again.

bpickering

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You and the UberTankDestroyer from HELL...
For all, just FYI: The UberTankDestroyer From Hell was Immobilized right in front of what turned out to be the Russian Alamo on T1 by attempting 1 measily point of ESB to Stop. Well, it Stopped all right, once and for all.

Despite that, it was perfectly placed, where it got rid of one of the at-start Russian tanks that foolishly moved in front of it, broke another squad in The Alamo (which, along with two others during German T3, died for FTR because the Brummbar had snuck past to the other side of the Alamo, stopping their rout in their paths...), AND took out one of the IS-2s still on the other side of the river... at Range 13 through the rain... on the exact maximum possible roll of 11.

A mildly-exciting game! :laugh:

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Enfilade was a blast. I didn't expect to see Bruce or Tycho, so they were a pleasant surprise. We had a great core group of guys playing all weekend and I enjoyed all my games. Can't wait for ConQuest.

My best game was in the championship game, when everything comes together and you make all the right moves and get all the right dice rolls. Unfortunately, my opponent got all the right dice rolls too. All I needed was for him to fail ONE morale check out of SEVEN and he rolled five 5's, a 4 and a 2. I still needed a 7 or less to win in CC and rolled a 12.

Oh well.

It was one of those games that you're disappointed you lost, but you're happy that you got to play it.

The second place game against Dade was the same way, but with a different result. It came down to the last ambush dr. There couldn't be any good order Japanese on the hill and I went into CC, but had to become CX going up the hill. He had a -1 to his ambush dr and I had a +1. He rolled a 4 and I rolled a 2, so he couldn't withdraw. So, my Ghurkas didn't go into hand-to-hand, because I didn't want a lucky roll beating me. At 3:2 I rolled a 10 and at 1:2 Dade rolled a 7, so we were stuck in Melee.

My second game in a row coming down to the last DR!

Fun stuff and I hope some of the Canadians will come down for Enfilade next year..

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
All they guys at the tourney were great. Rob had a tough time because the tourney director was out to get him!

Really! :bite: