Enemy Vehicle Movement Question

Subfeeder

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi all,
I am playing my 3rd attempt at Cautious Advance and the German enemy has generated 2 PSW222 Armoured Cars. One of them got Movement Order A4c, DR 8 - "If Known Target exists, see Move Command 5-6. If no Known Target exists, move towards the FBE, expending double normal MP cost for each Location entered/hexside traversed [EXC: if cost is ≥ 3 MP]. Remain on road (if already on such or upon entering a road hex). Stop (ESB if necessary) upon entering Location if Target exists therefrom; otherwise remain in Motion." Being an Armoured Car and seeing no Target it reached the FBE with MP to spare. Should it then exit the FBE? Or should it remain on the last hex adjacent to the FBE (in Motion) and await further orders next ENEMY turn?
Thanks

Scott Hasson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think your answer is in S9.4 & S9.41. Barring anything else from the RE, the AFV's should exit the FBE and count as Exit VP for the ENEMY. The RE appears to have generated a drive-by of AC's that, even though they did not engage, just made your mission that much more difficult as you have a deficit of VP to overcome now. At least they aren't shooting at you, right? I hope this helps.

Subfeeder

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Thanks Scott. I did see that but the wording is somewhat ambiguous as it only mentions an ENEMY unit only able to exit on the FBE. The first exception to 9.4 ("a S? in Advance Attitude moves towards (and attempts to exit off) the opposite board edge from the edge it entered") kind or implies that an activated unit in Advance Attitude (which the Armoured Car was as it had not had a target 9.321) should attempt exit off the FBE, but it's hardly explicit. But I decided to exit it anyway as I'm not that confident with the vehicle rules and I was kind of glad to see the back of it (is that cheating?) Anyway the other AC gave me a bit of trouble by advancing towards my one victory location. Fortunately it caused no damage and was taken out by a lucky bazooka shot.