Enemy Objective/Arrival Hex Question

Compass Rose

Reaction score
I'm am in the middle of the 1st day of a three day battle and have a question on enemy objective/ arrival hexes.

If you control a enemy objective hex that was already used to produce enemy units, arriving on to the map, and I'm guessing that more may arrive from it in the future, will the enemy troops appear in a different hex, a adjacent hex, or not arrive at all?

Thanks

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Normally there is a protection zone around arrival hexes of reinforcements that will cause your units to rout but if it is also an objective hex then I'm not sure if that happens or not.

rahamy

HPS Games Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Most arrival hexes have a protection value assigned to them. The Protection value is an artificial value introduced into the game to protect the reinforcement from enemy units that are crowding the arrival hex. If the Protection value is non-zero, then at the moment the reinforcement arrives, any enemy units within the number of hexes in the Protection value from the arrival hex are automatically routed.

Hannibal

Recruit
Reaction score
One additional note: The routing occurs as noted above for units that are close to the reinforcement hex, but if you have any of your own units on your opponent's reinforcement hex when he brings reinforcements on board at that hex, then your units on that hex will simply disappear as though they never existed, to include no points are awarded to your opponent for them.

trauth116

Webmaster: hist-sdc.com
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
...in addition this range is set by the scenario designer so it is not necessarily uniform from one game title to the next as well as even from one scenario to the next within a title. The exclusion zone (not sure of the specific term used) is probably listed in the parameter data that you can call up while playing.

krmiller_usa

Reaction score
... The exclusion zone (not sure of the specific term used) is probably listed in the parameter data that you can call up while playing.
No the only way to see the Protection Range is by using the Reinforcement Dialog in the editor. I believe you can even have one set of reinforcements protected and another one not based on how you set up the reinforcements when designing the scenario. I know the Pittsburgh Landing hex in Shiloh is not protected in the 2 day scenario while the Crump's Landing Road hex is the reasoning being that if the rebs take the landing hex the union ships would not approach a hostile shore. If you can push them back from the hex you can then enter any delayed reinforcements but otherwise attempting to enter them will give you an error message.

trauth116

Webmaster: hist-sdc.com
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Good to know, Ken- as the scenario editor is a little more user friendly than scrolling within the pdt file. Appreciate the correction.