Enemy Fire Action question

Simon62

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi all,

still working through my first go at SASL and another question (pretty basic) has got me stumped:

I have an enemy unit in advance attitude that has rolled a 10 on it's action check resulting in a fire action, on rolling on table A3a Enemy IFT attacks rolled a 6 resulting in firing all fire power at a target in least terrain out to max (long) range.

The only target that this 4-6-7 has is a concealed friendly British unit 11 hexes away thus this is within long range - does it fire at the concealed target at 1FP (4, halved for long range, halved for concealed target) at +3 (stone building TEM) meaning it can only get a PTC on a roll of 2 which would cause it to cower and thus loose it's shot as its firepower would be below 1 or is this considered a non target and the action changes to a move.

More generally is a concealed unit considered a 'target' for enemy fire determination?

Regards

Simon

Barking Monkey

Reaction score
First name
John
Country
llUnited States
Hi Simon,

I'm pretty sure that the rules state a target that cannot be affected is ignored. Concealed units can be considered 'targets' depending on the wording of the A3 result ("known target" vs. "target".)

Cheers

Simon62

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Ok thanks for the clarification

in this instance, however, I won't know if it can be affected until I roll for the fire as it can be affected if it does not cower but can't if it does cower!!

I think in this instance I will ignore the fire command as it is not in the best interests of the unit to fire

Thanks for the clarification

Ahriman667

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi Simon,

I'm pretty sure that the rules state a target that cannot be affected is ignored. Concealed units can be considered 'targets' depending on the wording of the A3 result ("known target" vs. "target".)

Cheers
I believe the rule is 'resulting in at least a PTC result' but going from memory. Either way, I would ignore the Fire command in this case.