ENEMY APh (11.1)

Mr Segundas

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Can someone explain to me what the following means from 11.1 Hold Attitude;

An eligible Activated ENEMY infantry unit in Hold Attitude that is not Accessible to a Friendly-occcupied Location.....

I'm assuming that "Friendly-occupied" is a Location occupied by a FRIENDLY unit, and the sentance refers to the ENEMY unit being adjacent to a FRIENDLY unit but not being able to enter it during the APh.

Chris_Riches

Reaction score
Country
ll
Yes, you are right in saying the location is one occupied by a FRIENDLY unit. But part 2 includes ENEMY units that are NOT adjacent (and some that could be adjacent but not accessible), so your description “being adjacent to a FRIENDLY unit but not being able to enter its location during the APh“ is correct, but it also needs to include all the non-adjacent locations too.

ScottRomanowski

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, and it also applies if an ENEMY unit is not adjacent to any FRIENDLY units. That rule was rephrased in v2, in my opinion to make it clearer. An eligible Activated ENEMY Infantry unit in Hold Attitude will only advance if it can Advance into an Accessible FRIENDLY Occupied Location, otherwise
  • if it has a Target it will only advance if it can go into better TEM, still has a Target, and doesn't have to drop a HW or leave a VPO
  • if it doesn't have a Target, it will only advance if it can go into better TEM, have a Target, and not drop a HW or leave a VPO
That rewording combines items from S11.1 and S11.4.

Mr Segundas

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Thanks for the clarification guys. I have v1, and so I am missing any clarifications that have been added to v2.