Emplaced gun eliminated - crew in open ground now?

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
A gun is emplaced in an open ground hex and malfunctions. The crew is still protected by the +2 TEM for gun emplacement.
In the RPh, the crew tries to repair the gun and rolls a 6. The gun is eliminated, so the crew now suddenly finds itself in open ground. Is that the case?

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
It's one of the cases where the picture in my head doesn't line up with the rules of ASL. In "reality", the crew is still protected by the earthwork and sand bags. Those don't vanish just because the gun is destroyed beyond repair. In "my" version of the rules, there would be an emplacement counter, I guess.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I think of it as the malfunction being a round stuck in the breech and fizzing slowly away. The crew then want to put a fair bit of space beytween them and the weapon!

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
It's one of the cases where the picture in my head doesn't line up with the rules of ASL. In "reality", the crew is still protected by the earthwork and sand bags. Those don't vanish just because the gun is destroyed beyond repair. In "my" version of the rules, there would be an emplacement counter, I guess.
In my "reality" they all ran away from the gun like a bunch of scared schoolgirls !

Especially if it is black SS crew counter.