Email to German player

CyberRanger

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here is an email I sent to my German opponent. You may want to do the same before he emails YOU. Innocent enough ... I hope. But I'm hoping he comes back with what he wants. My bet is that almost all (if not all) the Germans will want the full three TO's. If the do .... we should pay attention to what that tells us!!! I expect Vindex to come back asking for free deployment and two non-deployment TO's. To which, I'll "compromise" to free deployment and ONE non-deployment TO ... exactly what I want.

Hey Patrick,

I see you and I are paired up for the Wintergewitter tournament. What's your preference for the number of TO's, etc.

Let me know and we'll work it out.

Good Hunting!

Brent aka WestPointer
Remember .... The battle is often won before the first shot is fired! :devious:

CyberRanger

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The reply so far from Vindex -

'lo... I'm waiting my order from my commander...
A soon as possibel...
Sorry, i don't speak very well english
;)
So ... he waits for Bruce to tell him what to do!

My reply:

Okay, I'll wait to hear from you!
Who knows ... worth a try to keep the ball in his court.

Last edited:

laszlo.nemedi

Reaction score
Country
llHungary
What a master movement asking him about TO... And what an interesting answer...

I planned to ask only about what is the weather conditions in his country first, just to make him confused...

:D :D :D

laszlo.nemedi

Reaction score
Country
llHungary
Sorry to not show up in the conversations, but so many good advice already told and my game with plutonico just faded away.

My thought:
all the initial thoughts are very good, but in the heat of the battle will change the things dramatically so don't stick to the plan to heavily...

An idea:
maybe we can post turns (every 5th turn or so) to ask for advices or direct order from the CO)...

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi all--

I just PM'ed my opponent with the following bit of misinformation disguised as humor to hopefully have him off-balance from the start.....

-----
Hi!

If I've read the chart Mantis posted correctly, it looks like we're paired up in the mini-tourney. If we're not, kindly correct me and I'll go on my merry way....otherwise:

Just wondering how TO's you'd be looking to take, among other things we're supposed to clarify before getting underway.

Beyond that, my only other expectation is that you disband ALL German formations. :love: In return, I'll disband all reinforcements due to appear after turn 50! ;) This will help speed the liberation of the Rodina, as well as save lots of Soviet lives in the process. In doing so, you will then qualify for the "Order of Lenin." :cheeky: :D

I await your reply at your convenience!

John
(Southern Dandy)
-----

Should get things off to an interesting start....but i'm hoping the humor will make him think I'm going to be easy to get along with about the number of TO's in this game. Yeah, right! :devil: :devious:

John

CyberRanger

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Southern Dandy said:
Hi all--

Should get things off to an interesting start....but i'm hoping the humor will make him think I'm going to be easy to get along with about the number of TO's in this game. Yeah, right! :devil: :devious:

John
I love it!!!

CyberRanger

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
laszlo.nemedi said:
An idea:
maybe we can post turns (every 5th turn or so) to ask for advices or direct order from the CO)...
Great idea. Maybe each of us could start a thread with his game so we don't get them mixed together.