Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think I understand this but I just want to double check

here what I think am I right?

russian elr = 4
3 russian 447 squads are attacked with a result of 1MC

1st squad rools an unmodified 12 (modified roll would be 13)it is first turned into to a 436 conscript , broken and then reduced to a half squad.
(it is turned into a half squad because of theunmodified 12)

2nd suad rolls an unodified 11 and is broken and turned into a 436 consript and broken.

3rd squad rolls an unmodified 10 and is only broken (the 1mc would turn the roll into 11 but does not trigger elr because it works on unmodified morale checks)

thanks in advance for any clarifications

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
drklrd said:
I think I understand this but I just want to double check

here what I think am I right?
Yes, on all counts.

Anonymous

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
opps one final question

do leadership modifiers also NOT count

for instance elr is 2

447 squad and 10-2 leader receive NMC

leader passes
squad rolls a 9 passes the morale check because of the -2 leader but is replaced with a conscrip squad for rolling the 9 ( and is pined for passing MC with highest possible resulT

FrankH.

Reaction score
Anonymous said:
opps one final question

do leadership modifiers also NOT count

for instance elr is 2

447 squad and 10-2 leader receive NMC

leader passes
squad rolls a 9 passes the morale check because of the -2 leader but is replaced with a conscrip squad for rolling the 9 ( and is pined for passing MC with highest possible resulT
A19.13 Replacement:

"An unbroken Personel unit which fails a MC by an amount > its ELR is immediately Replaced........."

In your example even ignoring the leader DRM, if the squad's Morale Level = 7 and it rolls a 9 on its MC, it has failed its MC by an amount = 2 = to its ELR (and is Broken by is not Replaced). With no leader the squad is replaced only if its MC "failure" is by an amount greater than its ELR ( i. e. > 2). In this case a MC Final DR of => 10 results in the squad's replacement.

With the -2 leader drm, the squad is still only replaced on a MC failure of an amount greater than its ELR. In this case a Final DR => 10 results in Replacement of the squad. A Final MC DR => 10 means that the squad failed its MC by > 2. The leader's DRM (if applicable - the leader is in the same Location, Good Order, and not Pinned - see A7.831) applies as a DRM to the squad's MC. In this case the squad is Replaced only on an Original DR = 12 (which results in a Final DR = 10 due to the leader DRM).

I am 99 % sure the above is correct.

Frank H.

Chris Milne

Reaction score
Country
ll
FrankH. said:
I am 99 % sure the above is correct.
Got to agree with you for the extra 1%

ELR failure/success is based on the final (i.e., modified) DR. See A19.1, about halfway down.

So, in the third example given:

drklrd said:
3rd squad rolls an unmodified 10 and is only broken (the 1mc would turn the roll into 11 but does not trigger elr because it works on unmodified morale checks).
The end result is right (break, no ELR), but this is because 11 is only four greater than 7, and therefore the unit has not failed its MC by more than its ELR.