Electronic Rules?

rgrove

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I see people posting exerts from the rules all the time on the forum here and BGG. Are they manually typing these sections into the field or do they have an electronic copy somehow?

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Electronic copy. Not difficult to make, just scan, OCR then import it into the form of your choice. Add whatever features you want etc.

rgrove

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not difficult maybe but scanning the entire book makes my head hurt thinking about it.
I suppose sharing a copy is out of the question...ugh.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I see people posting exerts from the rules all the time on the forum here and BGG. Are they manually typing these sections into the field or do they have an electronic copy somehow?
I type mine in. I am a moderately good typist.

JR

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
The trouble is not typing the rules in, it's more getting the text. For this, an accurate eletronic copy, with searching and fast navigation, is by far the best - and then, you don't need to type much anymore :)

rgrove

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Uh, did I miss something here? That's exactly what I was asking about... is there an electronic copy and where can I get one?

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Uh, did I miss something here? That's exactly what I was asking about... is there an electronic copy and where can I get one?
There are a number of them out there, and asking about it in a public forum probably ain't gonna do much good, copyright laws and all....

Go to an event and ask around by word of mouth.

MMP claims to be working on one but progress has been very slow, even for them.