Electronic ASL Rulebook Now on Sale!!

holdit

Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Thanks for the updated version.
I checked out the misaligned pages and wondered how many months it would be before an update would fix it. A couple of hours later an e-mail arrived - update available.

Excellent. This bodes well. đź‘Ť

holdit

Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Can you put notes in the e-rulebook like you write notes in the margins of your paper print rulebook?
PDF readers usually have a comments function that allow you to underline, highlight and add typed-in comments.

Example from FoxIt Reader:

In FoxIt there is also an option the leave your comment in a little yellow speech balloon whose contents only appear when clicked. I'm sure Adobe Reader can do all this too.

The only problem is that you can't carry these comments over when an updated PDF is released.

UPDATE: I found a function in FoxIt that allows the export of all comments to a .fdf file that can then be imported. I tested it with a single comment I made in the new version of the eASLRB and when I imported it into the original version, the comment appeared in the right place and was identical in every respect. Of course, how well that would work with hundreds of comments imported into pages where some of those pages may have been reformatted and new pages added is another matter.

Last edited:

David Reinking

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
On my MacBook Air, using Preview, when I try to rotate the page (for the chapter divider) it asks for an "Owner Password", which I don't know/have. I hit "cancel"; the table of contents sidebars goes blank, and then it beachballs me, leading to a Force Quit. Any Mac Users have a better idea than Preview?
I use a Mac Air and had different problems with Preview while reviewing the eASLRB. I downloaded Acrobat Reader. Still playing around with it, but Acrobat Reader appears to have more options.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
On my MacBook Air, using Preview, when I try to rotate the page (for the chapter divider) it asks for an "Owner Password", which I don't know/have. I hit "cancel"; the table of contents sidebars goes blank, and then it beachballs me, leading to a Force Quit. Any Mac Users have a better idea than Preview?
For this and some other PDFs, I use Adobe Acrobat DC on my Mac.

wlk

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
How "complete" is Chapter H ?
Does it include all extensions (FKaC H49 to H76E, DB H131 to H142, AoO H143 to H172, ...) ?
What about chapters O,P,Q,R,T,V ? Will they eventually be merged or come standalone ?

pensatl1962

Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
For this and some other PDFs, I use Adobe Acrobat on my Mac.
I tried that as well. I can't seem to find a way to get a table of contents sidebar to appear. I may be overlooking something simple (I'm using the free Acrobat Reader app). Any suggestions? Thanks!

pensatl1962

Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
The Mac's built-in "Preview" app doesn't handle PDFs very well. I recommend downloading a dedicated reader, like Acrobat or Foxit (both are free). BTW, all the chapter dividers appear a second time in the eASLRB as Appendix 7, and there, the "horizontal" pages are pre-rotated.
Excellent! I missed the Appendix 7 pre-rotated versions. This solves my issue. Thank you.

dur

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
PDF readers usually have a comments function that allow you to underline, highlight and add typed-in comments.

Example from FoxIt Reader:

View attachment 16564

In FoxIt there is also an option the leave your comment in a little yellow speech balloon whose contents only appear when clicked. I'm sure Adobe Reader can do all this too.

The only problem is that you can't carry these comments over when an updated PDF is released.

UPDATE: I found a function in FoxIt that allows the export of all comments to a .fdf file that can then be imported. I tested it with a single comment I made in the new version of the eASLRB and when I imported it into the original version, the comment appeared in the right place and was identical in every respect. Of course, how well that would work with hundreds of comments imported into pages where some of those pages may have been reformatted and new pages added is another matter.
This functionality also exists in Acrobat DC.

I am not aware if this will work in Acrobat Reader, however.

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
My friend John Martin just got a copy and he says it's brilliant so as soon as I can afford it I'm going to be buying this :)

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
How "complete" is Chapter H ?
Does it include all extensions (FKaC H49 to H76E, DB H131 to H142, AoO H143 to H172, ...) ?[/QUOTE]

It's complete. Should even have the updated British section from the 2020 re-print of FKaC.

What about chapters O,P,Q,R,T,V ? Will they eventually be merged or come standalone ?
I believe the plan is add those at some later date.

Reactions: wlk

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Does it include all extensions (FKaC H49 to H76E, DB H131 to H142, AoO H143 to H172, ...) ?
It's complete. Should even have the updated British section from the 2020 re-print of FKaC.
[/QUOTE]

This makes MMP's eASLRB very attractive.

It is currently the sole single source to come by a 'complete' Chapter H, I believe. This alone might be reason enough for numerous players to purchase it.

von Marwitz

wlk

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Bought it, indeed chapter H is complete up to Korean war (H226).

Last edited:

johnl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is brilliant!

One suggestion for MMP:

- Include a description of changes when issuing a new version

And one for the community:
- check out Foxit. I had never heard of it until I saw the mention in the eASLRB intro. It is much better IMHO, than Adobe reader, esp. providing an non-hidden button to run back and forth thru links. Still checking it out but I think Adobe is history.

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
This is brilliant!

One suggestion for MMP:

- Include a description of changes when issuing a new version
This is important to be able to look for amended sections in the ASLRB maze as they are introduced.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Updated British section? We were told that the FKaC reprint would be no different from the previous release(s). What updates?
As mentioned in post #157 - FKaC now includes 81mm version of Vehicle Note 67. Carrier, 3-in. Mortar, 71. IP Carrier, 3-in. Mortar, and Ordnance Note 2. OML 3-in. Mortar.

IIRC, several small typos, etc. were fixed as well, and any existing errata was incorporated - though I can't recall if there any errata to Chapter H from FKaC.