Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
It should be on the QRDC - in replacement of one of the less useful charts.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'll stick to the printed version for the time being. If someone gets frustrated enough to throw dice, +1 DRM (I use a 4" D-Ring binder).

76mm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Woohoo, this is great, just downloaded. But is it just me, or is the Wargame Vault website a weird mix of Spanish and English?

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Woohoo, this is great, just downloaded. But is it just me, or is the Wargame Vault website a weird mix of Spanish and English?
You can set your language preference on the bottom right of the main page, but there are some titles that are only available in a non-English version.

76mm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You can set your language preference on the bottom right of the main page, but there are some titles that are only available in a non-English version.
Thanks for that...I wasn't worried about the titles, but the text of the site itself--stuff like "Register." "Shopping Cart," etc was all in Spanish, while the game titles were in English. Now it is all better...if you're taking suggestions for your website, I would suggest moving the language setting up to the top right somewhere, like most websites. I actually looked for a language setting, but didn't look in the bottom right corner...

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We're always looking for suggestions to improve our service, and our techs have been coding a new site overhaul for some time now. I'll be sure to remind them to place the language options in a more prominent place on the site, thanks for the suggestion!

dur

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Small bit of trivia: It looks like the long-lost page H30 has made its triumphant return in the eRB as a blank notes page.

For the uninitiated, page H30 disappeared in the second edition and was replaced with the "lettered" pages H28 and H29.

76mm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So is there a consensus for which pdf viewer is best for reading the eASLRB on iPads? I've tried several different ones, but each of them is lacking in some way...can't search, can't follow hyperlinks, can't view ToC, can't annotate, etc. etc.

I will try FoxIt based on what I've seen here so far but would like to hear of other good options.

fenyan

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think in this or another thread, wuwei recommended Okular which among other things preserves the zoom.

fenyan

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That may be right, don't know the best recommendation for an iPad.

Thomas Marshall

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nor do I. I’m current using FoxIt on my iOS devices and there are some minor issues, as others have noted. Very functional, though.

boylermaker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
When I post an update, I include a brief note in the notification email so describe the basic changes.
Might be valuable to put this info on the WGV product page somehow so that lookie-lous like me can be tempted into buying it....

WinningerR

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So is there a consensus for which pdf viewer is best for reading the eASLRB on iPads? I've tried several different ones, but each of them is lacking in some way...can't search, can't follow hyperlinks, can't view ToC, can't annotate, etc. etc.

I will try FoxIt based on what I've seen here so far but would like to hear of other good options.
I use PDF Expert on iPad, and it does all those things.

Rock SgtDan

Reaction score
First name
Dan
Country
llSlovenia
Small bit of trivia: It looks like the long-lost page H30 has made its triumphant return in the eRB as a blank notes page.

For the uninitiated, page H30 disappeared in the second edition and was replaced with the "lettered" pages H28 and H29.
would be nice if H30 contained that note, for people tryng to track down something from decades old posts or magazine articles or are familiar only with very old versions of the rulebook, etc.

76mm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I use GoodReader on my iPad and it works great.
I've got GoodReader too, and it is pretty good, but I don't see any way to view the Table of Contents? Difficult to navigate around...or am I missing something?

76mm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
UPDATE: I found a function in FoxIt that allows the export of all comments to a .fdf file that can then be imported. I tested it with a single comment I made in the new version of the eASLRB and when I imported it into the original version, the comment appeared in the right place and was identical in every respect. Of course, how well that would work with hundreds of comments imported into pages where some of those pages may have been reformatted and new pages added is another matter.
Where is this feature in FoxIt? I couldn't find it...also, is there any way to easily access the Table of Contents or bookmarks? So far I've found all of these apps rather difficult to navigate around...