Electronic ASL Rulebook now available

jomolungma

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It appears this is legit, but why isn’t this being sold through MMP’s site?

jomolungma

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Possibly the same reason it isn't on the Hasbro site? :)
I must be missing the joke. Doesn’t MMP now own the rights to ASL? If so, not selling it through their site creates market confusion, particularly for new players. If you search online for ASL, you’ll be directed to the MMP site, which has no mention of the new eASLRB. As a new player, why would you even think one existed if it’s not mentioned on the publisher’s own site?

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I must be missing the joke. Doesn’t MMP now own the rights to ASL? If so, not selling it through their site creates market confusion, particularly for new players. If you search online for ASL, you’ll be directed to the MMP site, which has no mention of the new eASLRB. As a new player, why would you even think one existed if it’s not mentioned on the publisher’s own site?
See this post: http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/electronic-asl-rulebook-now-on-sale.160241/post-2044911

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
Doesn’t MMP now own the rights to ASL?

As a new player, why would you even think one existed if it’s not mentioned on the publisher’s own site?
MMP does not own the rights to ASL, they have a production license from Hasbro, the owners of ASL.

It does not take long for new players to venture onto GameSquad, Facebook ASL groups, ASL Discord servers and find mentions of new products not on the MMP website.

Scott_Blanton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It appears this is legit, but why isn’t this being sold through MMP’s site?
It is legit. We have a banner advertising the eASLRB. Our site is built to sell physical products. We sell all of our electronic products via Wargame Vault, which lots of other companies do as well. They have a great system for distribution and copy protection, so we did not see the need to try and recreate the wheel.

jomolungma

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
MMP does not own the rights to ASL, they have a production license from Hasbro, the owners of ASL.

It does not take long for new players to venture onto GameSquad, Facebook ASL groups, ASL Discord servers and find mentions of new products not on the MMP website.
First, I definitely didn't know that Hasbro owned ASL. I figured MMP, with "publishing" in its name, was probably not the owner and just the publisher, but then if that were the case I'd expect them to "publish" this eBook. Which ultimately I see that they did and now know why it is being sold through Wargame Vault and I bought a copy and yay!

As for the new players will find it thing, well, you may be right. I'm a very new player, but I've been reading ASL message boards and PDFs and trying to play some SK games for about a month now. But I'm a pretty motivated and techno-savvy guy. I'm not sure everyone would find the eRB so easily, but I guess if someone is motivated enough to try out ASL, they will probably find the eRB in very short order.

jomolungma

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It is legit. We have a banner advertising the eASLRB. Our site is built to sell physical products. We sell all of our electronic products via Wargame Vault, which lots of other companies do as well. They have a great system for distribution and copy protection, so we did not see the need to try and recreate the wheel.
Thanks! I got around to figuring that out this morning, but thanks for clarifying! I went ahead and bought a copy and am very excited to use it!

JR Brackin

Cardboard Challanged
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Scott - I really appreciate the communication and responses to the many questions. However, would it be possible to put an announcement on the MMP site, maybe with the link to WarGame Vault. i understand that is cannot be downloaded from there, but the communication would be good.

I know that on the download site they have it listed as an MMP product, but I sent out a mass email to our Philly area group and we had a few that were a little nervous regarding the lack of an announcement on the MMP site - they were concerned that this could have be an unofficial product.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
However, would it be possible to put an announcement on the MMP site, maybe with the link to WarGame Vault
It is actually there - sort of - in the banner at the top:

...of course it's in the #5 spot in the banner so it might take a while until one sees it. So it's not readily visible...