El Alamein 1942- Axis

General Staff

Reaction score
Country
llIreland
OK, the CW are out the gates. For the Axis this strikes me as very much a reactive game, given overwhelming enemy firepower. Monty never seemed to do things by (imaginative) halves, so we'll have to see what rings we can conjure up. He'll just hammer us until he breaks through.

Hardly any movement here, a few air movements aside, given Allied probable interdiction settings. Crete might be an interesting R&R retreat for JU87s, given ranges.

We've got to sit tight and take it for a turn, then see how we get out. Dig in, change loss settings- so HQs, arty, engineers mostly on ML- look around- to skedaddle asap since we'll need these guys big time, the grunts set to hold at all costs. Any chance I have is gonna be on casualty differential it seems to me.

Forgot some Folgore Division settings-- hey, mistakes happen, and the history of warfare is littered with them. I'd say we'll live, but I'm not so sure here.

So attached is start pbl (pick your own password) and end sal.

General Staff

Reaction score
Country
llIreland
El Alamein 1942- Axis Turn 2

This was always going to be difficult. The best I could think of- ex-defensive- was hammer stacks that beggared to be nailed down, and head out to sort his Air Force out for him.

I'm not exactly sure what I achieved on either front, but at least we tried.

Elsewhere we just pinned our flags to the mast- good luck Monty...

L`zard

Strangely Deranged!
Reaction score
Sokay, what version are you playing this under, eh?

:crosseye:

General Staff

Reaction score
Country
llIreland
El Alamein 1942- Axis- Turn 3

Just one round. Just trying to cripple what we can while we prepare our counter-attack up the road to El Alamein. We got caught seriously short here.

L`zard

Strangely Deranged!
Reaction score
Re: El Alamein 1942- Axis- Turn 3

errmmm, yeah.......

You should see what things look like in .178 ver .........

:OHNO:

General Staff

Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Re: El Alamein 1942- Axis- Turn 3

errmmm, yeah.......

You should see what things look like in .178 ver .........

:OHNO:
The last time I tried this was over .303 sights and that worked OK. You could shoot the nuts off a mosquito at a mile with even an 1898 model.