SeaQueen

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We have MV-22s...

We have M777 LWT...

We have HIMARS...

But no EFSS! My verticle assault element feels incomplete without it!

At the present time, I just use the stock 120mm mortars but I'm not sure it provides enough firepower to reflect increased automation. I'm also not sure of the crew size is correct for an EFSS. It suspect it might take up too much space. There's also no ITV to pull it around.

Last edited:

dhuffjr

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi and Welcome.

To model increased firepower you can fudge by increasing the number of tubes. I've tried to model the Vasilyek that way.

You are always free to submit a user requested unit using the template in the stickied thread. New units show up in updates and new versions of TacOps that way. Every request does not show up but many have made it into the game that way.

SeaQueen

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thank you for the welcome.

To model increased firepower you can fudge by increasing the number of tubes. I've tried to model the Vasilyek that way.
The thing about adding tubes is that it makes the system require more MV-22s or CH-53s to transport. That's a problem because the whole point of EFSS is that it is supposed to provide fire support for a MEU(SOC) or the verticle assault element of a future MEB. It's especially problematic in the MEU when you only have a reinforced HMM squadron to fly it and space is at a premium.

You are always free to submit a user requested unit using the template in the stickied thread. New units show up in updates and new versions of TacOps that way. Every request does not show up but many have made it into the game that way.
Do I post it here or send it to Battlefront?

dhuffjr

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Tis up to you. My personal preference would be here :) or both. I've honestly not looked into the battlefront forum in a long time. I should quit being a slacker and peek in there too. I'm just getting too many hit every day websites .......... good thing I don't watch TV much.:clown:

You've got a point with the problem with work arounds. There are however never guarantees. I have learned though that "No" cannot be an answer unless the question is asked.

Last edited:

BadNews

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I use the NL 120 as it has similar range to Efss and I use a HUMVEE to haul it you can load the tube to Humvee and carry with V22. For ITV I use AUS/NZ 4x4 and modify the weapons but I only use ITVs for Recon units

SeaQueen

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I use the NL 120 as it has similar range to Efss and I use a HUMVEE to haul it you can load the tube to Humvee and carry with V22. For ITV I use AUS/NZ 4x4 and modify the weapons but I only use ITVs for Recon units
How come only recon?

BadNews

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How come only recon?
bASICALLY, FOR THE GAME SCENARIOS THERE ISN'T MUCH DIFFERENCE. USING THE AU/NZ 4X4 SOV JUST HELPS ME KEEP RECON IN MIND A BIT EASIER. aLSO, OUR EXPERIENCE WITH TACOPS PRETTY MUCH HAS US BELIEVING THAT ANYTHING LESS THAN A PLT
(RECON & SNIPERS EXCEMPTED) DETRACTS FROM THE GAME SOMEWHAT.

BTW, THE USMC FORCE RECON NO LONGER EXIST. IT HAS BEEN REPLACED WITH MARSOC'S (MARINE SPECIAL OPS COMPANIES) EACH MARSOC CONTAINS A CE. A SECURITY ELEMENT AND 8 5-MAN RECON/DIRECT ACTION TEAMS. THAT IS PRETTY MUCH WHY WE SWITCHED TO THE AUSIE RECON TEAMS AS THEY ARE EQUIPED BETTER TO HANDLE DIRECT ACTION MISSIONS RATHER THAN JUST SNIPER RIFLES.

GCoyote

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Do you think you could fill out the Unit request template for the 5-man teams?
Just interested to see how they'd be equiped in TacOps terms.

SeaQueen

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Do you think you could fill out the Unit request template for the 5-man teams?
Just interested to see how they'd be equiped in TacOps terms.
That's sort of the thing...

With all special operations forces, the way they're equipped often depends on their specific tasking. TACOPS is really not very good for special operations scenarios. I think of TACOPS as being much more oriented towards conventional warfare, or certain limited types of unconventional warfare.

BadNews

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

With all special operations forces, the way they're equipped often depends on their specific tasking. TACOPS is really not very good for special operations scenarios. I think of TACOPS as being much more oriented towards conventional warfare, or certain limited types of unconventional warfare.
This is true, with our gaming club however, we have done some TBG's employing SpecOps, the AU/NZ teams worked really well for that. We did some ambush scenarios, and some raids all of which were a blast. In the conventional sense, deep recon using the AU/NZ units allowed for target of opportunity events which actually confused some of our teams to the point were they altered their plans.

GCoyote

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

You are correct in thinking that. The minimum resolution in TacOps is 10 meters and accuracy in portraying a unit suffers below about the 4-man fire team level. What you want to model in a TacOps unit is the element as it would be configured to support its recon mission, as opposed to a direct action mission.