EF Video

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So it's OK to reuse formations and weapons from game to game but not within families? Is this the new party-line? Or can 'packs' trump this law under a 'rock-paper-scissors-packs' over-ride-clause?
I guess the answer is, correct. It is not cool to reuse them within a family. WHich is why I referred to MG and CW as extreme cases. We will probably never see that again. But, for instance, leaving some German formations out of the Eastern front because they were in Normandy is not going to happen. I don't think it is a new party line....I think it is the old one.

Are 'Features' still the domain of a 'Family-Starter'? Has there been anything like an announcement regarding what features will be in? Fire? Tank-Riders? Mine-Rollers? Spam?
Announcements will be made as things get closer. But yes, major feature changes, like we saw with 2.0, will be the domain of families.

As great as it is to watch a cheezy video (of tank riders, not that MD wierdness with the antitank gun), I would just prefer a open discussion of what will be in. This might start meaningful discussions before the 'finished' product is unleashed a gullible and starving wargaming community.
All announcements will be made well into development. The point where it is too late to add anything major and not likely to be removed. That has been the program since before shock force. That said, tweaking these things always happens after feedback...usually after release. Otherwise there would be a cacophony of voices and nothing would ever get done (see the CMBO beta demo for reference).

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
[hirr]Leto;1654180 said:
Actually, I do get it. I am not lambasting them for doing what they are doing, just wishing upon a star, which I think is a perfectly fine thing to do in comparison to others around here.

My personal preferences have always been focused around the early war stuff, which due to its uninspiring historical context, doesn't present a highly marketable product. I guess having played with Squad Leader early on in my highly successful and tail rich life, I really got drawn to the French, Polish and early Russian front (Balkans) desert and Italian theatres up to 43. One of my favorite Campaign Series scenarios involved a FJ attack on Yugoslavian partisans supported by old Renault tanks.

Are you still beta testing elvis? Do you have any window on EF, as I will most likely buy that one... haven't really had any desire to explore Market Garden, but sadly, my time is quite limited now by family and my own success in the research grant world.

Cheers!

Leto
Yes, I am still testing. It's not my place to give a more narrow release window than has already been given for the Eastern front game.

If you like older stuff, give a look at the Italy game. I had a lot of fun with those tanketts and Mark IIIs. The theater never held much interest for me but I did dig playing with that stuff. I don't remember the scenarios that the demos have but you might want to check it out....without even needing to buy the game...and see if that satisfies the Jones a little. The first time I saw one of those R35s fire a canister round, I nearly jumped out of my seat. At that time I didn't even realize canisters were going to be in the game. It shredded one my squads. :)

[hirr]Leto

Varmint Croonie
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Yes, I am still testing. It's not my place to give a more narrow release window than has already been given for the Eastern front game.

If you like older stuff, give a look at the Italy game. I had a lot of fun with those tanketts and Mark IIIs. The theater never held much interest for me but I did dig playing with that stuff. I don't remember the scenarios that the demos have but you might want to check it out....without even needing to buy the game...and see if that satisfies the Jones a little. The first time I saw one of those R35s fire a canister round, I nearly jumped out of my seat. At that time I didn't even realize canisters were going to be in the game. It shredded one my squads. :)
I bought the Italy came, and TBH, that IS all I play now.

:" )

Now bake me a hot dog water flavoured blancmange, bitch! R U still doing any of that btw?

: )

Cheers!

Leto

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
[hirr]Leto;1654248 said:
Now bake me a hot dog water flavoured blancmange, bitch! R U still doing any of that btw?

Cheers!

Leto
Funny you should ask. We are at a crossroad right now and will know what direction we're going on Monday.

A few months ago I took a part time job, too. It's with a company that you are very familiar with....I'll probably shoot you a PM.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I really don't think that BFC overcharges for the development work that goes into the game.

From my perspective and from what would improve my play fun development is often invested into the wrong thing. Some flashy thing instead of cleaning up some realism mess, let's say gun turn rates as discussed recently. How long did it take for the MG fix to finally end up on top of Charles' pile? Also, I think BFC could save development time by opening up a bit and follow what actually worked for PzC, namely put a/the editor into volunteer hands, use XML for file formats instead of some homegrown mess that then leads to support tickets because nobody knows what works after an upgrade and what does not.

But overcharging? No, not the way I see it.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
Funny you should ask. We are at a crossroad right now and will know what direction we're going on Monday.
Well, if the direction is towards the bank...don't bother. It's closed on Monday.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
Hee hee....no..not that bank. We're looking into relocating and the deal should be settled on Monday
What's the big deal? You guys just have a couple of aprons and crock pots and ladles. Just hitch hike.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
[hirr]Leto;1654248 said:
I bought the Italy came, and TBH, that IS all I play now.

:" )

Cheers!

Leto
I think you would change your mind quickly (about CMFI...not the blacmange) if you played the CMBN/Market Garden v2.XX demo. Ugh, wait, there is no CMBN/MG 2.XXX demo. Nevermind.

And I would like Whale-Carcass Blancmange. Elvis is relocating close to the shore. He can pick one up. He can re-porpoise the whale carcass.

ksbearski

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
[hirr]Leto;1654104 said:
That they shy away from the early war stuff to head for the more exciting 44 -45 uber tank era saddens me.

cheers!

Leto
Hmmm, I am in a PBEM where my Pzkw III platoon has just been smashed by T-34's, while my scout cars are running away, my Pzkw 2 platoon has been routed and my panzergrenadiers just got nailed by an ATG while still in their track, just as they were coming out of the woods. My other Pzkw 3 platoon is, however, chewing up some t-26's that think they want to play...all within PCO, which, btw, does have many battle in the 44-45 uber tank era as well.

When I heard the announcement of the era the new EF CMX3? game was covering , the first thing I thought of the uber tank thing was "sexy" for the casuals, but not so sexy for the hardcore...we shall see, Hirr Leto, we shall see...

ksbearski

[hirr]Leto

Varmint Croonie
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I think you would change your mind quickly (about CMFI...not the blacmange) if you played the CMBN/Market Garden v2.XX demo. Ugh, wait, there is no CMBN/MG 2.XXX demo. Nevermind.

And I would like Whale-Carcass Blancmange. Elvis is relocating close to the shore. He can pick one up. He can re-porpoise the whale carcass.
Ok, you made me snicker with the re-porpoise crack. And you didn't even insult anybody.

Bravo.

; )

Cheers!

Leto

[hirr]Leto

Varmint Croonie
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hmmm, I am in a PBEM where my Pzkw III platoon has just been smashed by T-34's, while my scout cars are running away, my Pzkw 2 platoon has been routed and my panzergrenadiers just got nailed by an ATG while still in their track, just as they were coming out of the woods. My other Pzkw 3 platoon is, however, chewing up some t-26's that think they want to play...all within PCO, which, btw, does have many battle in the 44-45 uber tank era as well.

When I heard the announcement of the era the new EF CMX3? game was covering , the first thing I thought of the uber tank thing was "sexy" for the casuals, but not so sexy for the hardcore...we shall see, Hirr Leto, we shall see...

ksbearski
Word.

Cheers!

Leto