Edsons Ridge

J P

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Seems my last question got lost in the shift so here it is again:

Note 1 of the chapter 'H' U.S. ordnance section says that the U.S. can change 3 MTRs (and their crew iirc) for a 4fp OBA and that OBA can only go 40 hexes from the U..S. friendly board edge.

My questions are:
1) is entry area 1 considered U.S. friendly board edge?

2) Is there any restrictions to how many of these and normal (bought) OBA i can have?

3) Are they usable in the next CG game or are they lost permanently after the game they are placed off-board? - and if not, can i bring them back on-board in the next game?

pward

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Check to make sure this isn't disallowed by CGSSR.
I don't have the campaign available, but seem to remember this was not an option. Of course I could be thinking of another SSR from another CG.

As yo your other questions:
1. Any board edge that reinforcements can enter from should be considered a friendly board edge. So in this case I think the answer is yes, with the NRBH caveat...
2. Check the CGSSRs, most CG's limit OBA piles to 2.
3. Again, check the CGSSRs. If they don't say so, or deny this option altogether, I would say to ask your opponent before you decide to take them off the board as an OBA module. Just so there isn't a problem when 3 of the mortars show back up the next day.

Peter

Legion

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
JP, Ole Boe posted a reply to this, but i cannot find it anywhere... maybe he could dive into the RB again for your benefit

sgtono

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
jp said:
Seems my last question got lost in the shift so here it is again:

Note 1 of the chapter 'H' U.S. ordnance section says that the U.S. can change 3 MTRs (and their crew iirc) for a 4fp OBA and that OBA can only go 40 hexes from the U..S. friendly board edge.

My questions are:
1) is entry area 1 considered U.S. friendly board edge?

2) Is there any restrictions to how many of these and normal (bought) OBA i can have?

3) Are they usable in the next CG game or are they lost permanently after the game they are placed off-board? - and if not, can i bring them back on-board in the next game?
Everyone of these questions is answered in the HASL rules for this Operation Watchtower, and straightforward also.

1. yes
2. There are restrictions see RGC and CG rules
3. Once used (place an SR, ie) they are gone for the next CG turn

Keith

Last edited: