Edsons Ridge

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't think we will ever know. I would play them as the same level as N11 (1st level?), with a elevation change between the two hexes. However, I think a strict application of the rules would mean that R13 was 0 and S14 was 1st. Such a reading would confuse Q14 and R14 though, so I think they should both be called 1st.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I'd play them as the higher level - i.e., same as P12, since when here are multiple Crest Lines in a hex, the center dot is usually at the higher level - compare to hex M13.

Fiedler

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Thanks! Brian I dare not :eek: go against Klas ;). So We will play it that way.

Another Q:

IS the cost for moving from S13 to S14 8 MF? I.e Minimum move?

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
His argument makes better sense than mine. Sure wish MMP had put crest lines in over the woods though. I think even CH does that now.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Another Q:

IS the cost for moving from S13 to S14 8 MF? I.e Minimum move?
Assuming S13 is at level one and that S14 is at level zero, the unit goes from level one down to zero down to minus one for two MF, then up to level zero in jungle for four MF for a total of six MF. Even if it were eight MF a double-timing leader could make the move without minimum move. This is from the printed map; the vasl map may be different.

The Edson's Ridge map has a fair number of these unclear hexes. FF18 is not especially good, although it seems likely to be level one. MM15 & OO16 are also not easy to call. You'd like to say they are at the higher level because they show more than an edge as the higher level, but you are never sure.

JR

Fiedler

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Got an official ruling from Perry;

R13, R14, and S13 are at level 1 (brown).

S13 is at level 0.

....Perry
MMP

On Jul 24, 2018, at 9:52 AM, Stefan Fiedler <stefan@fiedler.se> wrote:

Hi

What is the base level of hex R13, R14, S13 and R14?

/S​