Eastern crusade

rasmus

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
As the soon to be recipient of a very early barbarossa,possibly even an eastern crusade, I have a few questions.

If the Soviets leave finland alone, and Finland enters as a result of a german attack, will the soviets get their three armoured corps(es)?

From the briefing.
Should Germany declare war on the Soviet Union without having attacked any neutral (other than Turkey or Greece) the Western Allies will not react (we're assuming that they couldn't care less or at least couldn't do anything), but will mobilise between 25 - 55 turns after the Germans attack. This is only likely if the French have chosen the ‘Extend Maginot Line’ Option

Will the western allies be able to declare war once they mobilize or must they wait for the germans to attack a neutral?

Mark Stevens

Europe Aflame Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
ll
No, because the Russians haven't learned any lessons from the Winter War (i.e. they haven't fought it)

See the other EC thread from today for a summary of the differences from a normal game.

rasmus

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
No, because the Russians haven't learned any lessons from the Winter War (i.e. they haven't fought it)

See the other EC thread from today for a summary of the differences from a normal game.
Thanks. I think I will have to conduct the winter war in august, in order to squeeze it in before the germans reach moscow.

Mark Stevens

Europe Aflame Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
ll
Never answered the second part of your question: in an EC game the Western Allies will be able to declare war on Germany after the 25 - 55 turn variable delay even if the latter hasn't doesn't chosen any TOs that normally trigger the Allied TO.

I don't think that the French and British could just have sat by and watched Germany and its satellites carve up the USSR at their leisure: once Russia was crippled Hitler would surely have turned west.