eASLRB

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
In F.1C half the paragraph is missing in the eASLRB.

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
Which Version are you using?
v2.05 checks out ok.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Check it vs the pocket rulebook. It has this in front of the paragraph mentioned above:

In any scenario, a broken unit forced to rout but unable to reach a woods/building hex in the RTPh may rout to any terrain consistent with A10.51 but is not required to rout to the nearest woods/building hex.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Check it vs the pocket rulebook. It has this in front of the paragraph mentioned above:
Sounds like that Pocket version has the 1st Edition for Chaper F - not the 2nd Edition from Hollow Legions, 3rd edition.

That sentence was moved/copied into A10.51 in the 2nd Edition of the rules:
"If no non-ignorable building/woods Location can be reached during that RtPh, a broken unit may rout to any terrain hex consistent with the above restrictions and need not rout toward the nearest woods/building Location."

...hence it was removed in the 2nd Edition of Chapter F.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
I have it both in A10.51 and F.1C in my pocket rule book. The wording is slightly different in the chpt. A section, but the meaning is the same. But yes, in the chpt. F provided in HL2 it is not there.

If no non-ignorable building/woods Location can be reached during that RTPh, a broken unit may rout to any terrain consistent with the above restrictions and need not rout to the nearest building/woods Location.
EDIT: I realise that is just what Klas said above!....

Last edited:

Scott_Blanton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How old is your pocket rule book? The version I have that was printed in March of 2021 matches the working posted above from the eASLRB v2.05.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Scott was asking about the date of the pocket rule book.

DVexile

Reaction score
First name
Ken
Country
llUnited States
Scott was asking about the date of the pocket rule book.
There wasn’t a pocket rule book in 2000 either! First pocket rule book was 2015, but it was a straight up reprint of the original 2nd edition rules with no errata applied to the text (though a list of errata were included on separate pages). Sounds like that’s what you’ve got. Technically printed in 2015 but the content itself is from way back in 2000.

I believe around when the eASLRB came into being the pocket rule books began to be printed from that and so errata were included in the text.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
You are right, the year 2000 was way too early for the pocket RB. I dunno when my version of it was printed. Where does it say?

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
The eASLRB is a great asset, but seems to me to be lacking a companion eBook.
Is there a chance of seeing an eBook on the Historical ASL Modules (RB, KGP, etc, etc)?