Earth Works by ASL

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
My neighbourhood golf course has been undergoing some major redesign of late. The earthworks are considerable, with contours that bear no resemblance to the original terrain. I've been cycling by one site for months now, but recently a sea container containing the company's logo appeared at the roadside. Today, I decided to stop and take a snapshot. The logo got me thinking more about PFZ.

That's PFZed, for the record. ;)

In 2014, TheRealTuomo and his Swedish collaborator gave us Prepared Fire Zones. I wonder if he and/or Lars considered Prepared Defensive Works (PDdubya for short), a fortification point system that allows players to create berms or similar earthworks to represent some portions of Finnish defensive lines. These berms might allow vehicles to set up HD, block same-level LOS, etc.

Unlike the stillborn anti-tank rocks, I think there could be a wider utility for this kind of tactical terraforming. Not all players are fond of hillocks, the closest ASL equivalent to this type of terrain feature. Apart from that, is there any merit to the idea? A better way to represent a berm, for example?

Or should I stick to rock gardening?

Last edited:

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Maybe you can contract that company to dig up counters you can't just find in your storage?

von Marwitz

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you stick to rock gardening, get proper assistance at harvest time {avoids hernias that way}.