EA42 - square one

Siberian HEAT

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So I go to reload my EA42 directory last night, after reinstalling my OS last weekend. I had backed all my stuff up on CD and got no errors when the CD was written. However, that directory is empty on the CD...which means I just lost all EA42 work!

I hadn't gotten a great deal into things...but I did have many hours of work invested and must now start over. If anyone wants to partner with me on this project it might spread the workload and insure there is at least one other copy out there :argh:

Yes, I work with computers full time. Lot of good that did me!

Siberian HEAT

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Tell me about it. To add insult to injury I also lost my BattleAxe map I was working on. Oh well, I needed something to do anyway! :cheeky:

Siberian HEAT

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I would say I only lost about 20-30 hours of work...and frankly most of that was learning my way around the editor. The main thing I lost was the front line positions, various unit placements, some map modifications, unit color changes, etc. I hadn't really started on OOB because I was waiting to see what changes Ben was coming up with in the regular flavor of EA. A good thing too, as losing all that work would have been heartbreaking.

Lesson learned, have backup of backup copies :D Certainly not the end of the world.

As we used to say in my old job, "if you're not doing it twice, you're not doing it right!"