EA MultiPlayer Poll

Specific Nationalities, or GM assigned Fronts

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The Poll says it, MPs in control of their commanders, able to assign them to different fronts, or the 'commanders' in charge of specific nationalities.

Personally, I think the 'commanders' idea would be cool. I also think the 'commanders' avenue would be better served with one more commander per side (not right away, but once Russia is in, you have a new front that could easily have 2 commanders on the front).
'Commanders' idea example:
Assuming Historical War
1939: GMs-In charge
German Commander 1-Playing the Germans against the Poles. German Commander 2-In charge of Germans on Western Front (this would likely not involve much, as it is unlikely the Brits/French will attack).

Allied Commander 1-Playing the Poles. Commander 2-Playing the French/Brits (Likely won't involve much, unless they try to attack Germany, but at least this commander will have to plan for the defence of France).

1940:
German Commander 1-Playing Germans employed against Denmark/Norway. (And then, maybe, the Germans employed against the Low Countries, or Italy if they/when they come in).
German Commander 2-Playing Germans employed against France. Then playing the Italians in North Africa.

Allied Commander 1-Playing the Allies in Norway, and then the Allies in North Africa.
Allied Commander 2-Playing the Allies in France.

1941:
German Commander 1-Germans in the Balkans, and then Germans in Northern USSR.
German Commander 2-North Africa. (Possibly also Finland)
German Commander 3-Germans in Southern USSR.
(See opportunity to have a third 'commander'.)

Allied Commander 1-Allies in North Africa.
Allied Commander 2-Allies in Balkans, and then the Soviets. (Suggest only one Allied commander for all of Soviet Union during German attack, though there could be two.

Long example...

Anyways, the 'assigned to specific nationalities' idea is pretty self-explanitory. 1 player=1 country, until that country is destoyred, and then they may be able to have another avail country (or gourp of countries, in the case of the Minor Axis nations).

Please, only people involved in the EA Multiplayer game vote here.

EDIT: If there is a tie, I'll vote to break it. :devious:

Telumar

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
The Poll says it, MPs in control of their commanders, able to assign them to different fronts, or the 'commanders' in charge of specific nationalities.
MPs in control of their commanders is it for me. :)

Raver

TOAW Ironman
Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
I feel kinda guilty about it too, but I just think it is slightly cooler to be in command of all the resources available to a nation.

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I feel kinda guilty about it too, but I just think it is slightly cooler to be in command of all the resources available to a nation.
Don't feel guilty, the majority will rule. If the majority rules with you, great. If not, I hope you'll play anyways. :D

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
With Silvain's vote, the lead goes to GM assigned fronts, however, I distincly remember asking that only people involved with the EA Multiplayer vote. Silvain, were you planning on playing?
Unless Silvain is wanting to play, then his vote will not actually count, as the poll is really to gather the opinions of the players.

B-snafu

Reaction score
I'd be open to play it either way----but to be nailed down on preference--I'd go with specific nationalities.

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Totals:
Nationalities:
B-snafu, Raver, Alanjonsey
Frontage:
Telumar, KillorbeKilled

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Totals:
Nationalities:
B-snafu, Raver, Alanjonsey
Frontage:
Telumar, KillorbeKilled
The only thing that would save Frontage would be a vote for it by BigAnorak...who I haven't seen around lately...has anyone else?