EA-ICS-AX1: Europe Aflame Interactive Combat Story: Axis Episode I

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Casey said:
Casey (New member. I hope I'm not intruding.)
Why on Earth would you be intruding? We're pleased to welcome you onboard to join in with our plans for total world domination.

Your suggestions regarding the acquisition of the Italian Navy are also excellent. Perhaps we should make you an Admiral. :D

Dr. S.

tsar

Reaction score
Also while we are plainning how to get Britain we should try to get Spain, & Turkey on our side. This will help stretch the Brits out and force them to re-enforce areas outside the UK. Aside from weakening their home defenses it will also strain their merchant fleet more and allow for more targets over a larger area. Also Spain will provide alot of good bases for U-Boats and they will be harder for the RAF to bomb.

Viking67

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Casey said:
I'd like to add one thing. Britain is an island, and taking an island requires a Navy. I would suggest the strongest efforts be made to bring the Italian Navy under German command. Why should we build surface ships when their ships are available? Further to this, when France falls we should make every effort to seize their ships as well.

If these ships come under our command, we can concentrate on building up our U-Boat flotillas and also landing craft which we will surely need when we invade Britain. We haven't a single landing craft to our name at this time, and to rely on river and canal barges for this purpose would merely court disaster.

I make these suggestions because up until now, no one in Germany has spared a thought to amphibious warfare. The English Channel is not a simple river crossing exercise. Preparations must be put in hand now.
Good suggestions. This would also give us an good fleet in the Medditeranian, the better to help us in North Africa.

Casey

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Resources do not allow the Luftwaffe to be a strategic arm. However, it can be used to help achieve strategic goals.
(Iron Mike)

In this respect, can certain Luftwaffe fighters be fitted with drop tanks to allow them to stay aloft longer? I should also add that if resources do not permit the deployment of the Luftwaffe as a strategic arm, then while it is still possible to achieve strategic goals, these goals can only be achieved in the short run.

That is to say if the Luftwaffe can be used in tactical support of ground troops to quickly smash an enemy Nation's forces, we will achieve the strategic goal of taking over the country, but we cannot expect to pound an enemy Nation's industries into the ground at long distance. I do not mean to be a Cassandra, yet I must say I foresee difficulties. The untimely death of General Walter Wever might be a signal catastrophe to us. Is there absolutely no way of implementing his earlier suggestions?
Casey

Ps Thanks very much for welcoming me to these forums guys.

TacCovert4

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Casey, good idea. I'm not sure if drop tanks were ever mounted on Luftwaffe aircraft though. I hope they were, and that I just haven't heard of it. I like the idea of using our air forces to as support for our ground troops, our light bombers and attack aircraft as day bombers on pinpoint targets, and our medium bombers and any night fighter variants as night bombers of logistics, command & control, and nexi of resistance. You're right we cannot bomb anyone into submission with our lighter faster bomber force, but we can make it a support arm of our army, or even an integral part of a quick response force.

Guys & Gals,

How do you like the concept of a quick response force QRF?
Paratroopers=infantry
Gliders (when we get them)=armor
Fighters=close support artillery
medium bombers=heavy artillery
We could base them in a centralized location, with airlift capacity they could be on any of our current borders in 24-48hrs. and ready for combat. We could really use such a force when-not if-Russia or France decides to take a potshot at us. This would allow all of our blitzforces to assemble to prosecute the war in a linear fashion, secure in knowing that the QRF can slow or stop an enemy advance long enough for heavier troops to be called to that front.

Thanks for the suggestion Casey, and keep 'em coming.

Europe Aflame

Interactive Combat Story
Reaction score
Country
ll
From the German Propaganda Ministry

POLAND FALLS!

In a stunning and decisive victory that has been seen by all the world, Poland has today surrendered, crushed by the invincible might of the German Wermacht.

Poland is now a part of the mighty Third Reich - the Empire that will last a thousand years!

Today, we send this message to all who would oppose us - make peace now while you still can, and avoid the futility of further bloodshed.

Victorious German troops march through the streets of Warsaw to celebrate our glorious victory over the belligerent Poles!

Our beaming Fuhrer tours Poland to inspect the latest addition to the Reich.

God is with us!

Last edited:

tsar

Reaction score
TacCovert4 said:
Casey, good idea. I'm not sure if drop tanks were ever mounted on Luftwaffe aircraft though. I hope they were, and that I just haven't heard of it. I like the idea of using our air forces to as support for our ground troops, our light bombers and attack aircraft as day bombers on pinpoint targets, and our medium bombers and any night fighter variants as night bombers of logistics, command & control, and nexi of resistance. You're right we cannot bomb anyone into submission with our lighter faster bomber force, but we can make it a support arm of our army, or even an integral part of a quick response force.

Guys & Gals,

How do you like the concept of a quick response force QRF?
Paratroopers=infantry
Gliders (when we get them)=armor
Fighters=close support artillery
medium bombers=heavy artillery
We could base them in a centralized location, with airlift capacity they could be on any of our current borders in 24-48hrs. and ready for combat. We could really use such a force when-not if-Russia or France decides to take a potshot at us. This would allow all of our blitzforces to assemble to prosecute the war in a linear fashion, secure in knowing that the QRF can slow or stop an enemy advance long enough for heavier troops to be called to that front.

Thanks for the suggestion Casey, and keep 'em coming.
This sounds like a good idea. I think we should have 4-5 divisions of paratroopers with the necessary airlift to be able to drop them all at once. We should also think about training a special force that can be sent behind enemy lines to conduct raids and sabotage.
How is that idea about enlisting the Irish coming along?

TacCovert4

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
tsar said:
This sounds like a good idea. I think we should have 4-5 divisions of paratroopers with the necessary airlift to be able to drop them all at once. We should also think about training a special force that can be sent behind enemy lines to conduct raids and sabotage.

Currently in negotiation. I'm trying to get their price down a little. What do you think about giving them Ireland and the entire northern half of England. They want all of England, but I'm spouting out some wonderful 'peaceful coexistence' BS and I might be able to pacify them by giving away Dr. Sinister's Secret Island Base as a resort for their leaders, and as a reeducation center for Protestants. (oops don't tell Dr. S)

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
TacCovert4 said:
Currently in negotiation. I'm trying to get their price down a little. What do you think about giving them Ireland and the entire northern half of England. They want all of England, but I'm spouting out some wonderful 'peaceful coexistence' BS and I might be able to pacify them by giving away Dr. Sinister's Secret Island Base as a resort for their leaders, and as a reeducation center for Protestants. (oops don't tell Dr. S)
This is 1939 - the Volcano that forms my secret island base hasn't exploded out of the sea yet.

Dr. S.

Casey

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsar

Yesterday 17:10
(TacCovert4)

If we can secure Southern Ireland, we have a base whence we can threaten Britain from the West as well as from across the English Channel. Suppose we could convince the Irish to allow us to land troops in the south of Ireland (as a gesture of friendship of course)?

Now we have a base from which to attack Liverpool and the industrial Midlands. (From Dublin and Drogheda). If this were combined with a threat to London, our friends the British might find themselves in a very tight squeeze, particularly if most of their Army had already been destroyed in France.

The biggest problem would be to get our troops into Ireland in sufficient numbers. I have no idea how this could be done, but a small investment here could pay a large dividend later.
Casey

Ps. In 1798, France landed troops in Ireland. Historically this is known as "the year of the French". The reason was, I suppose, that if you are at war with your neighbour, starting a fire in his backyard is not at all a bad idea. If we can pull off "the year of the Germans", I should think we could do more than just start a fire.

Last edited:

TacCovert4

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Doctor Sinister said:
This is 1939 - the Volcano that forms my secret island base hasn't exploded out of the sea yet.

Dr. S.
Exactly, Dr. Sinister. What did you think, I was gonna try to actually give them something. I'm giving land to the IRA like I'm selling ICEES to eskimos. Actually, I'm thinking about dumping the bodies of the IRA leaders over that untersee volcano after the war is over. What do you think?

TacCovert4

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Casey said:
(TacCovert4)

If we can secure Southern Ireland, we have a base whence we can threaten Britain from the West as well as from across the English Channel. Suppose we could convince the Irish to allow us to land troops in the south of Ireland (as a gesture of friendship of course)?

Now we have a base from which to attack Liverpool and the industrial Midlands. (From Dublin and Drogheda). If this were combined with a threat to London, our friends the British might find themselves in a very tight squeeze, particularly if most of their Army had already been destroyed in France.

The biggest problem would be to get our troops into Ireland in sufficient numbers. I have no idea how this could be done, but a small investment here could pay a large dividend later.
Casey

Ps. In 1798, France landed troops in Ireland. Historically this is known as "the year of the French". The reason was, I suppose, that if you are at war with your neighbour, starting a fire in his backyard is not at all a bad idea. If we can pull off "the year of the Germans", I should think we could do more than just start a fire.
Its a little more devious than that. We are negotiating with the IRA for the landing zones in Northern Ireland (on the English Isle). With that secured, and with a highly knowlegdable and motivated 'freedom fighter' guerilla force to scout for our armies, a smaller Northern Invasion force will have effects all out of proportion to its size. This will allow us to make both N&S invasions with the S invasion the major effort. Catching the Brits in a pincer will defeat them faster than a linear advance across the same territory. And as I said once before "Allied troops are the best, and most expendable, kind"

Infil of our troops into Ireland will be difficult, but I'm personally thinking about using U-boats in a 'bucket brigade' ferry system, to infiltrate the necessary troops to secure the beaches. If we can dispense with an amphibious landing in N. Ireland and use the little fishing villages as ports of call, our tanks and heavy infantry can land quickly, removing us from beachead to Blitzkrieg status in the northern Island. Whatever we do cannot take away from the main effort in the south, because the southern route is the one that will open London to us.

Whatever we do, don't bomb them, we do not want the Brits to know about our Luftwaffe's strengths or weaknesses until the main invasion starts and it is too late. We must accomplish a Blitzbeach to successfully invade Britain.

Last edited:

tsar

Reaction score
So, are we agreed that we should increase U-boat construction and support Irish independence while pressuring Spain and Turkey to join with us?

TacCovert4

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
But one change--Irish "Independence"! I don't want a bunch of guerilla fighters in my rear throughout the war with America. We guarantee independence then when we invade we ensure that most of them are killed off by the Brits. When the war w/ Britian is over, we kill off the rest of the IRA.

Europe Aflame

Interactive Combat Story
Reaction score
Country
ll
From the pages of Signal.

Oslo falls!

Copenhagen in German hands!

England's Plans Frustrated!!

VICTORY ON ALL FRONTS!!

(click on the thumbnails below for larger pictures)

This was the course of our lightning expedition to Norway and Denmark which was too quick for the British invasion.

Long before the invasion English freighters had been bringing war material to Norwegian harbours. After that, England proceeded to lay mines in Norwegian territorial waters. English troopships accompanied by units of the Royal Navy were observed on their way to Norway. Then there was the sudden roar of German fighter machines over Norwegian aerodromes and German warships appeared suddenly in the entrances of the harbour of Oslo, followed by troopships. The most important points were occupied like lightning by German troops. At the same time, German forces also took over the defence of Denmark against any invasion by the English. The map shows the progress already made in occupying the area immediately after.

A familiar sight these days in Oslo: German Infantry is landed.

Large German troop-ships arrive in the Norwegian harbours in a ceaseless stream. Soldiers, arms and ammunition pour forth from the ships. From the first moment German troops land on Norwegian soil; they are on guard against England as far as the Arctic Circle.

German flying units arrive.

Units of the German air force appeared at dawn over Norwegian territory; they came to reconnoitre, and to transport material, and to employ force in the event of resistance.

Continued...

Last edited:

Europe Aflame

Interactive Combat Story
Reaction score
Country
ll
From the pages of Signal.

Tanks thundering forward.

On the road from Oslo to Sonefoss they light on battlements and trenches, and meet with resistance...

A German Tank halts at the entrance to a village.

Its advance covered by a Tank an Infantry detachment proceeds toward the village. There has been some shooting. Houses are burning having been set on fire by Norwegian troops. Every nerve is strained. Have enemy forces established themselves here for defence? The detachment halts and gets well under cover...

Right through a hell of smoke, heat and snow...

The German soldiers take this nest of resistance by assault at the point of the bayonet. The enemy is taken prisoner and disarmed.

High above the reefs and fjords.

A German sentry stands before a Norwegian coastal fort.

German anti-aircraft guns guard the air regions over Norway

In Norway's fjords, on rocky coast and islands.

Everywhere German soldiers are on guard, all coast batteries, even beyond the Northern Polar Circle, are fully manned and ready for the enemy.

REJOICE!!

Last edited:

owen36

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
Hello All,

I just happen into this site.
What should the germans do next after poland.
I voted somewhat along the historical line for the next few months.
After a drive homeward I reconsidered it.
I will try to use the least historical knowledge as possible.
Okay were post poland what next:

1 France first
The fuhrer wants to invade asap. The plan is the old von schlieffen plan bu then executed with modern means.
1 army group (weakest) will stay put against the maginot line.
1 powerfull army group will sweep through the plains of belgium.
1 army group will connect the other two.
Holland will remain untouched.
Target date late 1939.

Some people (one guy called von manstein) have their doubts about this plan, but this is the plan we have for the moment.

france is the mayor enemy and needs to be ko-ed first.
All the other options will delay the inevitable battle and add to our list of opponents and give our enemies the time to strenghten and dig in.
The problem: the war in poland has shown the success of our armored arm but on the other hand, it showed the ineptitude of the light divisions.
These need to be reformed and brought up to armored standard.
It takes some time to do that.
We should then be able to field 10 armored divisions in late 1939.

England next
England needs to be brought to it's knees next. We have no fleet which is able to do so. We can't invade it as we lack control of the sees and lack an invasion fleet.
My opion is to strenghten the submarine fleet and bring the english to their kneed by shinking their merchants ships.
Currently we have 57 submarines. We need more. There is a country which has more modern sub and is friendly to us: italy: they have 104 subs.
We need italy and their subs and we need to add more of our own.
Bring down france and this will inspire italy and we can have about 200 subs in 1940.