EA-ICS-AL1: Europe Aflame Interactive Combat Story: Allied Episode I

17poundr

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Seems like I'm the only one writing here...

I like the idea of giving toaw scenarios for people to 'experience' the events for themselves, I myself have used toaw for historical 'what if's'...
Also pictures were good, gave that reading a newspaper feeling.
All that is missing is an mp3 of The prime ministers speach of 'mr Hitler has not responded and therefore Britain is at a state of war with Germany...'
My grandfather said whole england stood still when that was broadcast!

Europe Aflame

Interactive Combat Story
Reaction score
Country
ll
From the German Propaganda Ministry.

Victory is Near!!

The insidious Poles tremble before our Army as the unstoppable German advance continues deep into enemy territory. Reports from the front lines indicate total collapse in all sectors as our mighty Wermacht sweeps forward, seizing town after town, eliminating puny enemy strongholds as they do so.

Rejoice!

Brave German soldiers crouch behind a Tank as they continue a sweep through a disputed town. With constant air cover, and the ability to call in death from the skies, it will not be long before these troops can advance to crush all opposition.

Having secured enormous swathes of the Polish countryside, signs like this one point gleefully to the front line so that the struggle may continue!

Entering the outskirts of an abandoned town, our victorious soldiers must be careful nonetheless, in case deceitful booby-traps have been left behind by cowardly retreating Polish soldiers.

We will continue to inform the people of the world of more news of our glorious victories as reports arrive.

God is with us!

Last edited:

Larkin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Will there be any way that we can decide on what to arm our troops with? We need to start researching heavier tanks, as well as more automatic weaponery for the Infantry. Also, we need more mech. inf. See what Germany is doing in Poland? If we had our own fully mechanized force when we go on the offense, then we could strike faster with more decisivness. Oh, and by the way, we need to talk to the French about better tank tactics.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Doc S said:
A good idea, but I don't think this sort of thing is catered for in the scenario...?

Dr. S.
No, it is beyond the scope of what we're doing here, and the system that models it (TOAW).

Last edited:

Larkin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Doctor Sinister said:
A good idea, but I don't think this sort of thing is catered for in the scenario...?

Dr. S.
Hey, I thought you were going to be with the Axis?

TacCovert4

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
From the Gestapo

We have located Dr. S, alias: Lord 'haw-haw', and are returning him to his secret island base at this time, we apologize for any inconvenience. (( off the record: But we will kick your butts in this war))

17poundr

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Larkin said:
Will there be any way that we can decide on what to arm our troops with? We need to start researching heavier tanks, as well as more automatic weaponery for the Infantry. Also, we need more mech. inf. See what Germany is doing in Poland? If we had our own fully mechanized force when we go on the offense, then we could strike faster with more decisivness. Oh, and by the way, we need to talk to the French about better tank tactics.
Agreed I say we send young larkin (Is he of the Lincoln Larkin's? Fought the Mahdi with the old Earl's son you know...) With a force of Cruisers and Matilda2's to france and start to exercise this 'Lightning war, and how to stop it.

I say old chap, if they attack the French airfields with the same vigour we will be sending our planes to man their airfields!
How,s that new fighter's production coming along?
If it kicks in, we could send the french the blue prints of the Hurricane since they are so eager to get assurances of a RAF presence there.
I coastal command practicing u-boat sinking? Damnen if we have to convoy like in the last war! That would need a hundred destroyers! We can we get them?
The Americans wont give any without hard cash, although Winston has murmured something about 'assurances' From Roosevelt.
And we have too much on our hands as it is!
Some germans raiders have already sank some ships on the southern seas!
Must send a battlecruiser with a fiew destroyers there or somethig like that, I'll ask Winston when he returns from France, He was shocked to hear about this new 'magnetic mine' Gerry has planted off the coast of east anglia!
A dastardly weapon!
Looks like they caught our scientists sleeping. Make shure that damn radar thing works old chap, they could bomb London any day!
Have our bombers ready to hit Kiel, Hamburg, and well... Berling if we have to, from a froward airfield in France, we could get fighter cover for the bomber chaps.
And Jerry cant hit us with fighter cover, that's why we need to keep some of the Hurricanes at home, no matter what happens!
I pray that new fighter lives up to what they are saying...

Get them u-boat yards out of order before they become a menace!

Must say I dont like the look of things in Belgium, they are too frightened of Hitler to let us in, yet too weak to repell him to let us get in further enough to reach the border forts in time...

I suggest we forget Belgium, send a secret invoice, telling them to fight a withdrawal to the French frontier where we will construct as strong a defencive line as we can, and with the most modern weaponry, anti tank guns, and ak ak and such things.
With lots of those french 155mm guns! They will make Hitler think twice about any Schliffen plans!

Larking could be sent somewhere north of the Maginot to practice with his tanks, and He has to have motorized infantry too apparently, try to get that De Gaulle chap to help us with a french armour division, I heard they are forming them already, and the high command dont like him, so let us borrow him.

Oh, and, be ready for trouble from Italy, tell wavell, that we havent forgotten him, at least some RAF presence should be felt so they cant catch us with our pants down!

Speaking of which, had a chat with Churchill, he's extatic people are listening to him now.
Was awfully worried about Norway, Bugger! If jerry gets there he can send u-boats through Scotland and Island with inpunity! Not to mention the iron ore, speaking of which.
Winston said he got a letter from Finlands, marhsall Mannerheim, seems like Stalin is Demanding a piece of the Karelian isthmus, now this is not on according to the PM, we could kill two birds with one stone by sending a fiew token battalions to Finland's aid if it comes to punches over there, stop the Bolsheviks, safeguard the Finnish ore mines at Petsamo and be next to Norway if need be...

And cant mi6 do something to that haw haw charachter, I'm ashamed to say I attended the same boarding school, never knew him though, he was always either studying the norse saga's or fencing!
Odd sort of chap really...

Larkin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
17poundr said:
Agreed I say we send young larkin (Is he of the Lincoln Larkin's? Fought the Mahdi with the old Earl's son you know...) With a force of Cruisers and Matilda2's to france and start to exercise this 'Lightning war, and how to stop it.
No, Larkin is the name of a sniper in a fictonal series I am quite fond of.

It is agreed then, I shall whip up the frogs' armoured units into fighting form. Just make sure that I will have air cover. After all, did you see what the Jerries did with those stukas of theirs? Their tanks should be no match for ours (with the right tactics of course). Now all we need is a capable infantry commander, and we should be right as rain.

Oh, and this haw-haw chap, he appears to be everywhere. Is there any more information you can give to MI6 about him?

Speaking of MI6, maybe we should establish our own spy ring in the Axis. After all, knowledge is power.

We also need to try and assasinate Hitler. He is the glue that is holding together the Axis.

Larkin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What should the Russians do against Finland? I realise that they need to test their troops, but what I would like to know is, is there any reason for the Russians to hold back from completely crushing the Fins?

17poundr

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Larkin said:
What should the Russians do against Finland? I realise that they need to test their troops, but what I would like to know is, is there any reason for the Russians to hold back from completely crushing the Fins?
From what Winston told me, Stalin has paralyzed the officer core with fear after his purges, so they will follow the 1920 red army manual to the letter.
I know of mannerheim, he is no fool, the Finns wont give up anything without a fight.
And if the Russians go in so unprepared, they will suffer withering losses, not that Stalin cares, he will probably get his 'safety zone' for Leningrad, after Karelian soil has been sufficiently fertilized with Russian blood...

As to the infantry, I heard Brooke talk of a chap named Montgomery highly, we must watch him, he might add up to something.
If only the French would believe the Germans will never attack against the maginot...
These are worrying times indeed, apparently the agent sent to 'see to' haw haw is awaiting execution by a zoo lion!
Apparently haw haw invented the method of execution himself!
The rotter!
I'll talk to some German Jews who emigrated some years ago...
If we can infiltrate the German officer corps...
Who knows, who knows... He suggested taking the identity of an officer who was compromised by our agents with photographs from his bedroom and something to do with a dress and lipstick, and he and his lover talking about courting haw haw! Maybe he is worth more to us alive, well this agent of ours, apparently he is the very likeness of this officer, I think his name was Stauffenberg or something...

Larkin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So we should advise Stalin to wait? I'd hate to be the chap who tells him to do so. Ah well, if it saves lives for the upcoming invasion, so be it. In the mean time, do I have assurance of fighter support come the german invasion?

Larkin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Agh! This just came to me! We need to get the royal navy to increase plans for stopping U-Boats. Remember how much those blighters tormented us in the last war? If we do not secure the atlantic, then our life line will slowly be strangled!

17poundr

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Larkin said:
Agh! This just came to me! We need to get the royal navy to increase plans for stopping U-Boats. Remember how much those blighters tormented us in the last war? If we do not secure the atlantic, then our life line will slowly be strangled!
Winston is talking to Roosevelt about something they call 'lend lease' but it's only in the planning phase, If only old winnie would leave the morning champaign, we could proceed in the talks faster, but winston is winston and irreplacable, unlike our 'peace in our time' pm!
I got a message throuhg my back channels from a honourable german, that they will not infiltrate if we dont.
They are placating us by committing haw haw to an institute for a while, apparently they got a real doctor (lets face it all that haw did in his practice was describe opium extract to rich grannies)! Anyway, as an apology for the lion incident, haw haw is to be committed to an institute where they intend to cure him of a physical illness only known in germany called kapitalizmus.
I find it a fitting punishment, after all haw, can be a moral boost to our humorous boys in the armed forces, thats something Hitler will never understad!
I talked to dowding, and he has put a very apt Newzealander, a mr Parks, to command the south east aerial defences, apparently he flies around in a hurricane inspecting the squadrons. Sounds like the man we need, also lort beaverbrook has been called to beef up the fighter production.
So, I think the gravest danger is on the Continent, the French are very stubborn...

Larkin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thank you. Yes, Churchill is just the type of leader we need now. Oh, and don't worry about the French, I'll either whip them into shape, or I'll defend them with the BEF. Either way, we'll be safe. However, what will we do if the jerries wait until 1945? Will they surprass our production, or will we be able to keep up with them?

17poundr

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Larkin said:
Thank you. Yes, Churchill is just the type of leader we need now. Oh, and don't worry about the French, I'll either whip them into shape, or I'll defend them with the BEF. Either way, we'll be safe. However, what will we do if the jerries wait until 1945? Will they surprass our production, or will we be able to keep up with them?
So, you suggest an aggressive move now that gerry has his back turned? Will the french back us?

I'll talk to Winston he likes this kind of thing, a maritime raid, at least! yes, I like it, our blenheims are all but missing a calling card to visit berlin, or that ridiculous hansl and gretchen house that old fats'o (Thats what we call Goering in mi5)... Had built, yes lets bomb Karinhalle, and see what they think about that!

Larkin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Or maybe some border raids using commandos. Either way, we definitly need to throw a spanner in ol' Jerries works. Just let's not do anything to quickly. We don't want to elevate the war before the French are prepared.