EA Heldenkaiser (Allies) vs. Telumar (Axis)

Mark Stevens

Europe Aflame Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
ll
Re: Axis Turn 165 / 23rd August 1942

And I'm keen to see whether you can escape, as well as when those ******* Americans will enter the war.

Mark Stevens

Europe Aflame Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
ll

This is a very polite forum: I only typed g-o-d-d-a-m-n and it *** it out. You should see what makes it onto some other sites!

ogar

Reaction score

And I'll add to the chorus -
I am very very impressed with your resilience, Heldenkaiser -- and the courage to post all those AAR's. It cannot be easy - but it does set a good example.
When I get bogged down, and think I'll just quit a game, I remind myself, "Was it over when the Germans conquered Gibralter ? Did Heldenkaiser give up when the British were chased across Suez, Palestine, Jordan, Irag ANDTurkey ? Hell, no. Just because those Americans are off in an alternate HOI III universe pretending Pres. Long has ordered 'Japan first, then we go to Europe.' - did Heldenkaiser give up ?"

Seriously - it is an encouragement and I'm glad to check in here and read. And one of these days, you're going to posting about tough it is because your Rifle Corps cannot chase the Germans fast enough.

Heldenkaiser

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Re: Axis Turn 163 / 9th August 1942

No offense to anybody of course. I mean only those cowardly sitting-on-their-you-know-what-doing-nothing EA Americans. :)

Heldenkaiser

Reaction score
Country
llGermany

After an enjoyable vacation spent roughly in EA hex 54,69 (I am missing a 6,000-footer here though), your faithful war correspondent hopes to resume his report soon.

What happened to the board? :O

Heldenkaiser

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Axis Turn 167 / 6th September 1942

Fairly bad. Stalingrad falls and Axis troops cross the Volga. In the large pocket, the front is broken in several places, and oddly most troops evaporate rather than retreat, even though they have a valid retreat hex. Stupid under any circumstances, but catastrophic in this case. Also, as expected, the relieve troops for the small pocket NW of Kalach are cut off themselves.
View attachment 37579

Heldenkaiser

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Allied Turn 167 / 6th September 1942

Come to think of it, I wonder if those evaporations are due to the pocket being out of supply? Would make sense, but it means it will be gone in a couple of turns. Especially since I can't repair the front, as more units evaporate trying to withdraw. It's hardly worth posting a map for I can do very little. Attempts to relieve the cut-off units SW of the pocket and on the upper Don fail.

ogar

Reaction score
Re: Allied Turn 167 / 6th September 1942

AFAIK,
zero supply does not help, but evaporation will come from a combination of lack of retreat path/lack of retreat MP/quality of unit/type of eqp. In this case, we can leave out those Infinitely Resilient Stugs/Armored Cars and Paratroops. If you're using Ignore Losses, well, that is what the unit will do -- defend until collapse.
How long have they been without supply ? If they were short on supply for a couple of turns, and then kessel-ed, and then attacked, that might explain it. It does look like they are goners, though. Myself, I'd try splitting some units in 2, set one on Min. Losses and the other on Limited or Ignore, and let the Min piece retreat if poss. All that does is waste some time and opponent resources, but that might be better than doing nothing.

Again. just my limited understanding of the situation/TOAW.

Cfant

Reaction score
Country
llAustria

IL is a must for many cases. However, with Stalingrad fallen - is there anything of interest in this region for the germans now?

pantera

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll

h Hello guys. I am back to this game again after few months. I am disapointed with other current times games, and now after few documetaries I saw I am going to fight better day in Vietnam scenarios. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECtODfjXLHg
But what is going with you?

Goliath

Reaction score
Country
llSweden

if you refer to this particular game, Held is on sabbatical from all gaming at the moment. I hope to see him back at some point though, since this AAR has been a pleasure to follow.
Regards
Martin