EA - Eastern Crusade

Polynike

Reaction score
Country
llGibraltar
the game is now into turn 85, im allies awaiting axis turn 86. i have decided to start the AAR from this point as the game is reaching a very interesting point. like my other aar's ill be writing from a personal point of view supplemented by screenshots and some tactical and strategic apprecitation

December 1940

Leuitenant Mihkialy Lelushenko, has a nice ring to it. i was finally commisioned into the red army after completing my officer trainning and joining the newly formed tank corps. my men are hardy and strong and mostly hail from the east of of our soviet motherland. today i have inspected my detachment and noticed the pride the troops have, the desire in their eyes to expel the fascist invader. our tanks, brand new t-34's gleam in the winter sun, cold and cruel, their barrels glistening with fresh paint. it has been a hard year. the fascists have overrun most of out country, aided by a treacherous stab in the back by the turks and an opprtunistic involvemeent by sweden. it will be sweet to exact revenge on those two countries once the germans have been truly licked. how my heart fell when leningrad, minsk, kiev, odessa, baku and even astrakahn fell. for many months there was doom and gloom, but the red line finally held. there were cheers in our trainning camp with the news of fascist formations being destroyed behind our lines. the most recent success has been the throwing back over the volga of a large armoured force. according to my brother, a major of the airborne forces, fascist tanks lined the volga steppe and their dead littered the river banks. nevertheless, they are still strong and have a forceful grip on our motherland. as i write the political commisar is lecturing the troops on the cowardly attitude of the capitalist states, and on how they are turning a blind eye to fascist domination. but the wroker state is strong and we shall throw the invader back. our red line stands strong and north of moscow the enemy is being pushed back from the gates. finland will pay for choosing its bedfellows and soon the rodina will be free of the fascist yoke and the war will be taken to the lair of the fascist beast himself. my movement orders lie open on my desk. the war calls and we have answered its call. we entrain tomorrow to Gorki and from there to the front and to victory.

Polynike

Reaction score
Country
llGibraltar
February 1941

the first thaws are setting and the roads are turning into mud..certainly hampers the fascists more than us. the winter has seen repeated german attempts be beaten back by our forces with some german units being wiped out, certainly a lot of booty was aquired from two destroyed motorised corps. at moscow they have tried frontal assaults and flanking movements which have been pushed back. our tank corps are still held in reserve near Gorki but two of our regiments were called into the line to halt a strong SS Panzer corps from breaking our line. further north our infantry divisions are throwing finnish and swedish units back towards leningrad with fervour and determination. adopting some of the germans own blitzkrieg tactics the sacred ground of the motherland is being reclaimed.

Polynike

Reaction score
Country
llGibraltar
March 1941

these fascist dogs do not like the russian cold. they have bled and frozen during the winter but once the thaw as over they have again crashed into our lines which i may say have held firm. we moved out of gorki to meet the fascist head on after STAVKA detected a strong amoured push. the animal call signs our intel boys detected were not operational decoys but the names of new model panther and tiger tanks. our tank corps was backing up an infantry corps that took on the assault head on. lets just say if the fascists have animals we have adequate hunters in our ranks too. it appears that the spring and summer will be long and bloody affairs yet again.

Last edited: