EA by turn 354

Secadegas

Reaction score
Country
llPortugal
I'm very proud to report that Jason - known by his friends as Raven, the Ironman :hail:- and me just finished an EA game - Riga & railamend version - after 664 days (we started in April 17th 2010).

No bugs found and a lot of fun. EA at its absolut best (thanks Mark...)

After 354 turns Jason and i are still arguing :toast: about who won... Once we reach a conclusion we'll inform... if somebody cares...

Last edited:

nemo

-. . -- ---
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Well done! Nice to see a long-haul game come to its conclusion, a refreshing change from the innumerable games dropped-off after a few dozen turns.
Some sort of SITREP maybe?

sapper32

Reaction score
Country
ll
Would be great to see the final positions,Nice one on getting to the end guys well done.

Mark Stevens

Europe Aflame Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
ll
Nice to see even one of those micro-pictures showing the overall situation at the end. So you got as far as Italian partisans, General Vlasov, the V2s, etc? I'd very much like to hear how the last few months played out: clearly not with Allied tanks rumbling through the ruins of Berlin?

Raver

TOAW Ironman
Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
I fear my opponent is being modest - he certainly won this one on points. At the end of the game the axis were in control of Britain, Italy and all of Germany as well as the Balkans. It was an interesting game though - basically the axis invaded Britain, giving me the chance to bring russia in early, but also giving him additional reinforcements and fortifications. Rather than an all out attack on russia, he advanced to a solid line and then dug in. Most of the rest of the war consisted of me bashing against his solid lines. First time I've seen the axis last to the very end.

Sorry I didnt see much of those late game events - perhaps they're mainly for the axis?

Secadegas

Reaction score
Country
llPortugal
Nice to see even one of those micro-pictures showing the overall situation at the end. So you got as far as Italian partisans, General Vlasov, the V2s, etc? I'd very much like to hear how the last few months played out: clearly not with Allied tanks rumbling through the ruins of Berlin?
We didn't have Italians partisans because Mussolini survived the war.

As to the other events we had them all: Vlasov's Komitet Osvobozhdyeniya Narodov Rossii units, V2's (and even the "famous" Scuds) and best of all the Germans fighting in Ukraine and Poland using the Maus in late 1945 and 46...

I'm sorry but micro-pictures will be impossible from my side as i don't a clue how that's done...

Last edited:

Heldenkaiser

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I'm sorry but micro-pictures will be impossible from my side as i don't a clue how that's done...
I'd say simply hit ALT-PrtScr and paste (CTRL-V) into any graphics programme, than save as .jpg and upload here using "manage attachments" below the text window. Maybe downsize first ...

Mark Stevens

Europe Aflame Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
ll
Thanks Jason.

Very interesting: US on the Rhine and along the Alps, but the UK still occupied by the Axis. Italy still in the war! Very strong Axis defensive lines along the Eastern Front.

Raver

TOAW Ironman
Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Yep it was WW1 style that's for sure. Is anyone else finding EA a bit harder than it used to be for the attacking side to make progress?