Ea 2012

Lou

Event Engineer
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The change proposed was eliminated because the events are related to different actions. Operation Yellow taking Paris and second phase of the Battle of France taking Paris. Paris is the trigger, not either of the theater options.

This morning I identified the definite source.

I suspect the problem could, but never appeared during the initial phase of Operation Yellow.

The second phase of the Battle of France is where the problem was duplicated.
The last turn of this sequence is THE ONLY PLACE the problem can surface.

Speed tests instead of every turn possible test would miss it.

The solution is obvious. Events are going to have to be moved, changed or added and some limited testing. Worse I have some real world obligations, so the earliest something could be posted would be 7 days

What really upsets me is that I knew a problem with the ORDER OF EVENTS LISTED could exist years ago. I forgot about it, and wasted too much time finding it here.

Attached is an ancient demo I used to discover/prove the problem could exist.

Cfant

Reaction score
Country
llAustria
Short question: I'm playing EA2012 for the first time. I (Allies/Russia) have beaten the finnish forces, but if I press on, Sweden will (most likely) help Finland. I'd like to save my light rifle squad reserves. So my question: How strong is Finnland, if it still lives at Barbarossa? Does it get additional troops? Is it "necessary" to conquer it?

Thanks! :)

nemo

-. . -- ---
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Short question: I'm playing EA2012 for the first time. I (Allies/Russia) have beaten the finnish forces, but if I press on, Sweden will (most likely) help Finland. I'd like to save my light rifle squad reserves. So my question: How strong is Finnland, if it still lives at Barbarossa? Does it get additional troops? Is it "necessary" to conquer it?

Thanks! :)
I'm playing Allies in an EA game standing at turn 119. Finland is definitely a pain in the lower backside if you can't put it out of commission for good but it looks manageable, provided you've weakened it somehow during the Winter War and Barbarossa leaves you with the odd spare army to send north of Leningrad to block the Finns.
Your mileage may vary though ;-)