E9.42 version 1 and version 2 ASLRB

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I am reviewing an upcoming article and it is quoting some old Q&A which has me looking into the rules to see what has changed between v1 and v2 to determine if the old Q&A is accounted for (and should be struck from the article) or not changed--still leaving it in some no-man's-land but worth while mentioning nonetheless. A change was made between v1 and v2 rulebook which I think had an unintended outcome.

In v1, E9.42 read:
E9.42 INJURIES: A ⅝" parachute landing in a woods, forest-road, crag, building, shallow stream, vineyard, cactus patch, olive grove, Jungle (see G2.213), Bamboo, Swamp (see G7.32), Irrigated Rice Paddies, or marsh hex must take an immediate NMC (Δ) using the 7 Morale Level of their parachute (9.33). One landing in an Interior Building Hex takes a NMC, then moves one hex directly downwind to another building hex where it takes another NMC, and so on until its contents are either eliminated or it reaches a non-Interior Building Hex, at the Base Level of which it lands.

In v2 the same passage now reads:
E9.42 INJURIES: A ⅝" parachute landing in a woods, forest-road, crag, building, shallow stream, vineyard, cactus patch, olive grove, Jungle (see G2.213), Bamboo, Swamp (see G7.32), Irrigated Rice Paddies, or marsh hex25 must take an immediate NMC (Δ) using the 7 Morale Level of their parachute (9.33). A ½" parachute must also take an immediate NMC using a Morale Level of 7 when it lands in dense Jungle (see G2.213) or swamp (see G7.32); see G9.47 for panjis. One landing in an Interior Building Hex takes a NMC, then moves one hex directly downwind to another building hex where it takes another NMC, and so on until its contents are either eliminated or it reaches a non-Interior Building Hex, at the Base Level of which it lands.

The addition changes the meaning of the now third sentence to apply only to 1/2" counters. Was the intent to the third sentence apply to ALL parachute counters (i.e. both 1/2" and 5/8")?

A: Yes. “One” refers to all parachutes.

....Perry
MMP